H&S defuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S defuel

Im now deleted and tuned! I am running H&S MM, 4" flo-pro straight pipe, S&B intake. No EGR delete yet. I set my boost to 32 PSI, hot coolant to 220, cold coolant to 160, and trans to 220. Right now my Pyro1 and Pyro2 is turned off. Should I set Pyro1 without EGR delete kit? Im new to all this.

Also, right now I am running stock transmission tunning. I havent done the transmission relearn yet. The transmission does act funny at times on hot tune. I plan on doing the transmission relearn soon. Should I switch to H&S transmission tuning for the relearn or do you guys prefer stock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How are you running stock transmission tuning while tunes with an H&S?

Definitely set up the pyrometer. That's one of the most important gauges.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 PM

during the initial download it gives you the option of h&s transmission tuning or stock transmission tuning. i choose to keep it stock for now. do i just set pyro1 or both pyro1 and pyro2? and what are you setting these at? ive been tempted to run on no power or mild. i bought the tuner in order to do the deletes. really dont want a blown turbo. i have heard anything over 32 psi is a "gray area" for these turbos and people and defueling while set at 32 psi in the wild and hot tunes
Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford#2oil View Post
during the initial download it gives you the option of h&s transmission tuning or stock transmission tuning. i choose to keep it stock for now. do i just set pyro1 or both pyro1 and pyro2? and what are you setting these at? ive been tempted to run on no power or mild. i bought the tuner in order to do the deletes. really dont want a blown turbo. i have heard anything over 32 psi is a "gray area" for these turbos and people and defueling while set at 32 psi in the wild and hot tunes
Dang, buddy, you need to update your tuner.

Definitely install the H&S transmission tuning. Set up just Pyro 1. These turbos are pretty bulletproof, they can't handle 50 PSI. I have my defuels set at 30 PSI simply because I don't want to push my luck with HG's. If you're running the "No Power" tune, the defuels won't do much for you. When the H&S "defuels", it just shifts into the "No Power" tune.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Dang, buddy, you need to update your tuner.

Definitely install the H&S transmission tuning. Set up just Pyro 1. These turbos are pretty bulletproof, they can't handle 50 PSI. I have my defuels set at 30 PSI simply because I don't want to push my luck with HG's. If you're running the "No Power" tune, the defuels won't do much for you. When the H&S "defuels", it just shifts into the "No Power" tune.
hey blake, you know he is talking about the 6.7 right? just making sure cause you said "these" turbos and we all know the 6.7 turbo is not bulletproof
Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker007 View Post
hey blake, you know he is talking about the 6.7 right? just making sure cause you said "these" turbos and we all know the 6.7 turbo is not bulletproof
Holy crap, totally missed that. To the OP, disregard everything I just said. I was referring to the 6.4L.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:02 PM

Has anyone blew a head gasket on a 6.7 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 AM

What do you mean by update? Update software or update as in redownload and switch to h&s tranny? My tuner I would think should have latest software. I have only had it a couple weeks.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
What do you mean by update? Update software or update as in redownload and switch to h&s tranny? My tuner I would think should have latest software. I have only had it a couple weeks.
Like I said, I thought this was in the 6.4L section. Disregard everything I told you.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
A lot of time even brand new out of the box there can still be a update available. It depends on how long it has been sitting on the shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.