ICON VS ????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ICON VS ?????

Is ICON really worth the extra money? Are there cheaper kits out there that give you the same qaulity and ride for less money? I'm looking for 4.5" lift. The ICON I was looking at was the stage 1, which is the base kit and it is $1980.00. I have lifted all of my trucks in the past, but never dropped that much on one. I will drop the money on an ICON if it is worth it, but would rather go with a qaulity kit that cost less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know it's a different brand but I have a carli backcountry with full rear springs and the ride is awesome. So I'd say definitely spend the extra coin and get a quality suspension system. I had a pro comp 6.5 on my 04 with fox shocks and that kit was $1600 all spring.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Icon kits are definitely nicer than the cheaper cookie cutter kits but the the money you owe it to yourself to check out the Carli 4.5" Starter System. It's a bit more but it includes brakelines and uses a mini pack in the rear to improve the ride as opposed to a tall lift block. Pure Performance also has a 4" systems that include a 4 link conversion as well. I run the Pure 4" Triple Threat kit on my 08 and it rides a lot better than the stock setup.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 AM

My last Super Duty had a 6" Fabtech lift and I liked it. The Ford Dealer installed it when the truck was new and I loved it. If I put it on it would have been the ICON. I have a new truck now and my ICON kit should be here today. Will let you know what I think when I get it installed. I was told the Fabtech was a "Yugo" and the ICON a "Ferarri".
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

How long has the Carli system been out? I know the icon had been on the market for s long time. I do like the fact that Carli system doesn't have you add other block to the rear springs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Another vote for Cali. Love my Pintop.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post
How long has the Carli system been out? I know the icon had been on the market for s long time. I do like the fact that Carli system doesn't have you add other block to the rear springs.

We've been in the Ford Market since late 2007. It comes down to engineering and shock tuning and we have hundreds (if not thousands) of Ford systems out there right now and strive to have the best riding systems and best customer service in the industry. You will not regret grabbing the starter system, it will be an improvement over the stock ride where most companies cannot boast that they maintain stock ride when lifting the vehicle.

Our higher end systems (As mentioned by a few in this thread) would blow your mind as far as ride quality compared to a stock truck is concerned!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would go with the Icon....
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

ICON or Carli, there is no comparison to the cheaper kits out there. Yes its more money but you truly get what you pay for. I got one of the "cookie cutter" mass produced generic lifts when I first got my truck, it can't hold a candle to a quality built set up.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Yea that's what i was thinking Eric, but dropping that kind of money i just wanted to get some feedback first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.