Sinister Diesel EGR Delete installed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sinister Diesel EGR Delete installed

Hey gang, I was debating to or not to install the EGR Delete today. Concerns were: draining the coolant, the estimated time to complete (since I was starting around noon; I saw a few posts where folks said it took 6 hours and some that said they had to finish up the next day) and of course, jacking something up in the process.

According to the instructions, it says drain the coolant, so I did that first. Ok, back up, I went to the auto parts store and got 5 gals first. Then I drained the coolant. Well, I got 5 gals because the instructions said expect to drain 3 gals from one side and 2 from the other. OK, for some odd reason only 2.5 gals came out. So that was done, then I just followed the rest of the instructions. The Sinister Diesel instructions were ok, but the pictures were horrible, or it was a copy of a copy of a copy, too dark. I guess I figured it out.

My tips/must haves:
socket swivel (to get to most of the bolts)
10" ratchet extension (to get to most of the bolts)
If you have an S&B intake, the install goes quicker
PULL THE GRILL OFF!!!! Not in the instructions, or I didn't see it, but it helped getting to that lower coolant hose.
The EGR Cooler was a beeoch to get out of there, you have to twist/turn it just right to get the back end out...not sure how I did it, but it finally came out.
Getting all that crap off took about 2 hours, actually putting the kit on took about 30 minutes including putting the intake back on.

Total time was about 2.5 hours, not sure how I did it in that time, but I did do a bunch of reading and read both the H&S delete and the Sinister delete instructions a few times before I even got the kit.

Now when the EGT kit arrives it should only take like 5 minutes to install.

Oh yeah, it happened.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks good you can help me do mine when the time comes. Post up your EGT install once you've installed it. Thanks for sharing
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 PM

Are you out of warranty or just don't care.
Seems like it would be a ***** to put back to stock if something non engine related happened but I did not want them to see it and void **** not related.
I know doing the delete lessens chances of **** going wrong though.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 AM

Looks clean. That might be my next mod.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 PM

How are you guys going about draining the coolant? Don't you need a vacuum pump because of the coolant valves?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunnsetning View Post
Are you out of warranty or just don't care.
Seems like it would be a ***** to put back to stock if something non engine related happened but I did not want them to see it and void **** not related.
I know doing the delete lessens chances of **** going wrong though.
Pretty much don't care about warranty work. There are a hand full of dealers around plus I have a pro mechanic that owns a Powerstroke as a daily driver that can bail me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlee0034 View Post
How are you guys going about draining the coolant? Don't you need a vacuum pump because of the coolant valves?
I just drained straight out of the two plugs on each side. I used the tubes that came with my reverse bleeder kit, pretty much no mess.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Premium Member

doesnt the sinister delete come with a spot for the egt sensor and you just use the stock one out of the exhaust? i bought a kit from them and thats what they told me at least. i will be installing mine after christmas
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barobbin View Post
doesnt the sinister delete come with a spot for the egt sensor and you just use the stock one out of the exhaust? i bought a kit from them and thats what they told me at least. i will be installing mine after christmas
There's a pre-tapped hole with hex screw in it in the manifold blockoff plate, but I think it's a smaller diameter for an aftermarket sensor. I didn't even check to see if the sensor fit because I ordered the H&S EGT kit.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Looks good. I've been wanting that but think I will want for a new turbo before i do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Premium Member

they told me that the stock one will fit. could you check and see if that is true? because if not i am going to have to buy a egt kit.
thanks,
Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.