H&S pyro temp reading can't seem to get it to work - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S pyro temp reading can't seem to get it to work

Hello,
I don't seem to post much since i rather search for answers, but i can't seem to get the H&S pyro 1 temp to work on my mini maxx.

I just did a DPF delete with a MBRP 5" exhaust. After driving i noticed by factory default the mini maxx went into defueling due to the pyro reading 2200 degrees after 5 minutes of driving.

So i started to search and noticed i need to install the EGR block off plates, and install one of the DPF temp sensors in it, then unplug the factory EGR temp sensor and swap it with the new DPF temp sensor.

I went ahead and did that and i am still getting the high 2200 degree reading.

I do have the updated firmware on the mini maxx, and i did go under "user options" then "pyro readings" and i tried switching it to "H&S pyro" but then it reads 0 degrees. On the "factory sensor" option it still reads 2200 degrees.

Anyone run into this problem? I'm stumped and it's bothering me haha. I'd wait until tomorrow to call H&S but figured i'd ask you guys first.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by theinfamouskonrad; 11-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Carlyle IL
Posts: 195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you put the the probe from the DPF in the block off plate on the manifold down by the turbo, then plug it into the plug that originally went to the sensor in the short EGR pipe. Factory pyro setting 1. The sensor from the short EGR pipe will give bad readings if used in the manifold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes that is correct. I did do it correctly.
I ended up turning the pyro defuel off... and changed the gauge so i wouldn't have to look at it. After driving for about 30 minutes i went back to check what the pyro was at, and it seems like it magically fixed itself! Now it's ready 248 degrees. So i will check again tomorrow to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 YNOT View Post
you put the the probe from the DPF in the block off plate on the manifold down by the turbo, then plug it into the plug that originally went to the sensor in the short EGR pipe. Factory pyro setting 1. The sensor from the short EGR pipe will give bad readings if used in the manifold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamouskonrad View Post
Yes that is correct. I did do it correctly.
I ended up turning the pyro defuel off... and changed the gauge so i wouldn't have to look at it. After driving for about 30 minutes i went back to check what the pyro was at, and it seems like it magically fixed itself! Now it's ready 248 degrees. So i will check again tomorrow to see what happens.
You have to change your Pyro temp source.

Go to main menu
Then scroll down to user options
Then click Pyro source.
And change it to "factory Pyro".

This will read temp from the egt sensor you installed into the block off plate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes,
I did have it that was previously, but it still seemed to read the 2200 degrees. I tried switching it to the H&S pyro setting just to see if it fixed it, but didn't get any reading then. It's back on the "factory pyro" now.
It is working though.. hopefully will continue to read correctly. I'll test it out again tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
You have to change your Pyro temp source.

Go to main menu
Then scroll down to user options
Then click Pyro source.
And change it to "factory Pyro".

This will read temp from the egt sensor you installed into the block off plate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamouskonrad View Post
Yes,
I did have it that was previously, but it still seemed to read the 2200 degrees. I tried switching it to the H&S pyro setting just to see if it fixed it, but didn't get any reading then. It's back on the "factory pyro" now.
It is working though.. hopefully will continue to read correctly. I'll test it out again tomorrow.
Alright here are some normal temps for mine.

Idle 240-330 degrees

At highway speeds on cruise you should see temps about 500-700 degrees

At medium acceleration I see about 800-1000 degrees.

And at full throttle from a stop mine will hit 1400-1500 degrees when I reach 70-75 MPH if I recall

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for all that info! I appreciate it!
I'll compare yours with mine tomorrow.
I have a 5" MBRP dp-back exhaust that i had fully ceramic coated. I'm not sure if that will affect the pyro readings at all or not but i wouldn't see how it could since the sensor is not in the actual exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
Alright here are some normal temps for mine.

Idle 240-330 degrees

At highway speeds on cruise you should see temps about 500-700 degrees

At medium acceleration I see about 800-1000 degrees.

And at full throttle from a stop mine will hit 1400-1500 degrees when I reach 70-75 MPH if I recall

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A ceramic coated exhaust shouldn't impact your pyro temps because the sensor is before the exhaust gas ever sees your MBRP exhaust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors