F250 vs 350 Leveling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F250 vs 350 Leveling

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched and can't find it... Im stuck between buying a 250 vs 350 and have questions leveling..

Are they both the same cost to level?.. roughly?

I think I understand that the 250 needs the 4" rear blocks to complete the level (Icon Stage 1 plus 4" blocks) and that the 350 only needs the Icon Stage 1 to raise the front level with the rear. Can someone confirm this please?

Anything else I need for alignment/angle issues or is this all covered in the Icon Stage 1?

If I just get the 250, does the Icon Stage 1 plus 4" blocks raise the truck to the same stock height (or taller) than the 350?

I'm thoroughly confused...

Thx for the feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Why are u "stuck" between them? They cost the same to lift, other then with a 2.5" y'all need 3"-4" rear blocks on a 250 as with a 350 just the spacers up front. I say 3-4" rear block cause I have a 4" rear block and I'm bout 1/2-3/4" too tall in rear as where others sit perfectly level with 2.5" up front and 4" block in rear. Depends on what rake you like too. Icon SHOULD have everything u need. Truck will b taller then any stock truck as your adding 2.5" up front, as for the rear a 250 only sits 2" lower then a 350....2" block 250 and 4" block 350
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
Why are u "stuck" between them? They cost the same to lift, other then with a 2.5" y'all need 3"-4" rear blocks on a 250 as with a 350 just the spacers up front. I say 3-4" rear block cause I have a 4" rear block and I'm bout 1/2-3/4" too tall in rear as where others sit perfectly level with 2.5" up front and 4" block in rear. Depends on what rake you like too. Icon SHOULD have everything u need. Truck will b taller then any stock truck as your adding 2.5" up front, as for the rear a 250 only sits 2" lower then a 350....2" block 250 and 4" block 350
4wd f250 is already level. f350's with fx4 package or snowplow prep kit are already level.

4wd f350 like mine can be anywhere from $200 for a puck and bracket leveling kit, all the way to $4k or more for a coil over leveling kit.

Most standard leveling kits for our trucks will say f250s requires f350 blocks to attain a level stance.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What is the least expensive way to level either truck? Will alignment need to be reset, or do you need the more expensive kits to properly set alignment? I'm not trying to be cheap, but i just want a level truck, not to go up another 2.5".
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pro Comp Poly Coil Spring Spacers - Coil Spring Spacer - Leveling Kits - Lift Kits, Suspensions & Shocks - by 4 Wheel Parts

can i install these and still adjust alignment back to within specs and without throwing out angles/geometry in the front end parts?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:11 AM

You can use those if you like but you need something to correct your caster like a caster bushing. It is also wise to install a trac drop bracket or adjustable trac bar to center your axle properly.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbevard View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched and can't find it... Im stuck between buying a 250 vs 350 and have questions leveling..

Are they both the same cost to level?.. roughly?

I think I understand that the 250 needs the 4" rear blocks to complete the level (Icon Stage 1 plus 4" blocks) and that the 350 only needs the Icon Stage 1 to raise the front level with the rear. Can someone confirm this please?

Anything else I need for alignment/angle issues or is this all covered in the Icon Stage 1?

If I just get the 250, does the Icon Stage 1 plus 4" blocks raise the truck to the same stock height (or taller) than the 350?

I'm thoroughly confused...

Thx for the feedback.
Yes, you are correct. An F350 just needs the front end kit whereas the F250 will need 4" blocks to level out.

I also suggest going with their adjustable track bar to center the front end. Other than that, you are good to go.

Also, I HIGHLY suggest going with a coil lift over a spacer lift. The coils will give a much better ride, handling, and wheel travel. The spacers have no business on these trucks in my opinion.

Feel free to call us if you have any questions.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
Yes, you are correct. An F350 just needs the front end kit whereas the F250 will need 4" blocks to level out.

I also suggest going with their adjustable track bar to center the front end. Other than that, you are good to go.

Also, I HIGHLY suggest going with a coil lift over a spacer lift. The coils will give a much better ride, handling, and wheel travel. The spacers have no business on these trucks in my opinion.

Feel free to call us if you have any questions.
I just bought a readylift 1.5 inch from you guys. Hopefully this is the way to go vs. the spacer lift? Any thoughts/opinions?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post

Also, I HIGHLY suggest going with a coil lift over a spacer lift. The coils will give a much better ride, handling, and wheel travel. The spacers have no business on these trucks in my opinion.Feel free to call us if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedPS View Post
I just bought a readylift 1.5 inch from you guys. Hopefully this is the way to go vs. the spacer lift? Any thoughts/opinions?
Isn't ready lift just pucks and brackets? DSTRBD answered your question already...
Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM

The 350s with the fx4 package are not levelled, unless ford changed them for 2012 as my 2011 fx4 350 is about 2-2.5" lower up front. I'd say get a 250 throw an add-a-leaf in the back and then get a levelling kit. Because ford wanted these trucks to ride nicer they sag a lot more once you put an weight in the back. My f350 almost sat level just from my 500 pound snowmobile being in the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.