"Cool dealer" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Cool dealer"

This really chaps my bum! I'm tired of hearing its ok to delete if your dealer is cool. The dealer can reject your warranty at there own discretion for any thing you've done to "mod" the truck in any way at anytime. Now, if and when your cool dealer has a warranty claim and calls ford the only way it's covered is if ford proves it was not YOUR fault by any means. So you bet your butt if you blow up a motor a ford rep will b out to inspect it PERIOD no matter how cool your dealer has been the past 50,000 miles. My point is no matter how cool the dealer is its outta there hands when and if ford sends a rep out for whatever it is no matter how small or big. I've also had to take pictures and send them in in some situations. Any time you mod, you're playing with fire, the end of my rant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I already replied to the thread it was mentioned in. I don't agree with ford having to pay for blown motors or heads. Being a business owner I understand that. But me being tuned and my belt tensioner going out was not caused by my tuning. As long as I bring it in back to stock the dealer can't get in trouble. I have seen a few people that know of dealers that are totally fine with bringing in deleted trucks. Personally I wouldn't risk it but to each there own. In his thread I said its a tough call. You can tune/delete and risk losing your warranty depending on what they say when you bring the truck in stock and because of the tuning they could use tuning against you and deny warranty even though tuning didn't cause the issue. Or you could wait. That's the decision you have to make and if they deny you, you have to be willing to pay for stuff that normally would have been covered. I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying but I don't see any issue with what I said. Sorry for "chapping your bum" lol
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM

Lol, I saw it and I agree with ya 100%! Just don't want new guys thinking its all ok to delete drive in deleted all cause the dealer guy is cool that's all! And no worries on the bum!

Last edited by jayz; 11-19-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yeah definitely. There are a lot of risks to deleting not only with losing warranty but you could get charged for tampering with emissions equipment too. It's a lot to think about losing the peace of mind of a warranty or know that your trucks emission system isn't shortening its lifespan.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
Yeah definitely. There are a lot of risks to deleting not only with losing warranty but you could get charged for tampering with emissions equipment too. It's a lot to think about losing the peace of mind of a warranty or know that your trucks emission system isn't shortening its lifespan.
Couldn't have said it any better my self bud! This EPA crap is kinda scary lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.