H&S mini max - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S mini max

Just ordered a mini max tuner, flo pro exhaust and delete kit for my 2012 6.7. I figured I needed to get it before everyone runs out. I'm just not sure if I want to run it with the mini max only or go ahead and delete it. Would like to know of some of the pros or cons.
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don't do it.... EPA will find you

Also... Don't listen to me
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Its a tough call. either tune it and delete it and not count on warranty because most likely you will get denied unless your dealer is really cool. or keep it stock till out of warranty but risk the extra miles of the emission junk on your truck. by the way they can still tell if it has been tuned if you dont delete is so running the mini maxx with dpf on tunes still risks you losing the warranty. just something to think about. its a tough call, im sure others will chime in to persaude you to delete that junk HAHA, but save the stuff you take off, never know what could change tomorrow and require you to have it
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Why do people say "if your dealers cool"......any thing major happens ford sends a rep out and then you are screwed whether dealer is "cool" with it or not
Old 11-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
Why do people say "if your dealers cool"......any thing major happens ford sends a rep out and then you are screwed whether dealer is "cool" with it or not
they dont always send a rep out ive only seen a rep once, and that was for a 6.7 that was having trans shift problems. they dont come out very often. normally its one guy that is in charge of a very large area. so he only comes out when he has to.

call your local dealership and ask if there would be a problem with it. i have personally worked on many truck with exhaust deleted. if we deny working on it than we dont get paid at the dealership.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker332 View Post
they dont always send a rep out ive only seen a rep once, and that was for a 6.7 that was having trans shift problems. they dont come out very often. normally its one guy that is in charge of a very large area. so he only comes out when he has to.

call your local dealership and ask if there would be a problem with it. i have personally worked on many truck with exhaust deleted. if we deny working on it than we dont get paid at the dealership.
Been there done that as a tech, that's my point behind this!! You would get paid cp time which is higher then warranty time, IF u denied it under warranty and the customer stayed
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM

i have had trucks towed out of my bay by the customers when warenty is denied. im not trying to affend you jayz but at my dealership all of us fleet guys work on trucks with deletes done with no problems from ford. as you know its all about how you right your story to ford to approve it, and thats not very hard. i know that CP pays better but i have had a lot of customers deny after there is no warrenty because there are cheaper shops in town. im just saying from my point of view.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM

back to the original poster. if you decide to delete just keep your stock exhaust with all the sensors, and when you have a problem just swap it back to stock, than everyone wins.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker332 View Post
i have had trucks towed out of my bay by the customers when warenty is denied. im not trying to affend you jayz but at my dealership all of us fleet guys work on trucks with deletes done with no problems from ford. as you know its all about how you right your story to ford to approve it, and thats not very hard. i know that CP pays better but i have had a lot of customers deny after there is no warrenty because there are cheaper shops in town. im just saying from my point of view.
You guys have it better the we do then lol no offense takin bud
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Sorry to derail ya OP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.