H&S Press Release - Tuners Sales Suspended... - Page 20 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
He lost his XRT tunes when the dealer wrote over them, H&S can't unlock it. So its either back to stock or a new tuner, there was nothing wrong with the tuner when he brought the truck in. It was only after he drove it fully deleted with the factory file loaded on it. The new tuner we tried ( and did not charge for ) has the newest update on it. How ever his ECU was already locked out from the limp mode. Taking the motor apart has nothing to do with the tuning, I take these motors apart all the time. I have one in the back now with the motor torn apart, had another before that that we did a complete motor swap on. Nothing was affected by the tuning. Writing over his H&S tuning is what caused the problem, it was then compounded by him driving it with the factory tuning on it and being deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
Also, I most certainly didn't cuss anybody out. All I said was "nice tech support"
I think there was a colorful F word placed before your quote, and the guy you talked to didn't know the situation so he was not prepared to answer.

How ever neither here nor there since its done.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
He lost his XRT tunes when the dealer wrote over them, H&S can't unlock it. So its either back to stock or a new tuner, there was nothing wrong with the tuner when he brought the truck in. It was only after he drove it fully deleted with the factory file loaded on it. The new tuner we tried ( and did not charge for ) has the newest update on it. How ever his ECU was already locked out from the limp mode. Taking the motor apart has nothing to do with the tuning, I take these motors apart all the time. I have one in the back now with the motor torn apart, had another before that that we did a complete motor swap on. Nothing was affected by the tuning. Writing over his H&S tuning is what caused the problem, it was then compounded by him driving it with the factory tuning on it and being deleted.
You tried to load a new tuner on the truck! It didn't work. So tell me again how a new tuner will fix it?

Kyle @ H&S said to overnight the tuner to them and they would fix it, but that would be a waste as there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE TUNER! It programmed the truck back to stock once it was in recovery mode!! He then updated it and loaded it to the truck. I suspect he loaded DPF present tunes to it.

I have put H&S tuners on 10-20 dodges that were bought at auction with full deletes and factory tuning... Some were driven a hundred miles or more. I've also put them on 6.4's in the same condition. Constant regen, etc.

They loaded up just fine and have been doing so ever since.

Duramaxes are a different story. Once they are in severe limp, no amount of tuning will bring them out. Dealer flash, EFI Live, H&S, etc. Either a brand new ECM has to be installed with delete tuning OR the factory emissions equipment has to be put back on and the truck run until it comes out of limp.

It is possible that the urea equipped 6.7 Cummins are a little different in this regard vs. the older 6.7 Cummins and 6.4 Fords, but I highly doubt it.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I think there was a colorful F word placed before your quote, and the guy you talked to didn't know the situation so he was not prepared to answer.

How ever neither here nor there since its done.
I apologize for that if I did drop and F bomb. I was a little heated and I will take your tech's word for it that I did, and I apologize for that.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
You tried to load a new tuner on the truck! It didn't work. So tell me again how a new tuner will fix it?

Kyle @ H&S said to overnight the tuner to them and they would fix it, but that would be a waste as there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE TUNER! It programmed the truck back to stock once it was in recovery mode!! He then updated it and loaded it to the truck. I suspect he loaded DPF present tunes to it.

I have put H&S tuners on 10-20 dodges that were bought at auction with full deletes and factory tuning... Some were driven a hundred miles or more. I've also put them on 6.4's in the same condition. Constant regen, etc.

They loaded up just fine and have been doing so ever since.

Duramaxes are a different story. Once they are in severe limp, no amount of tuning will bring them out. Dealer flash, EFI Live, H&S, etc. Either a brand new ECM has to be installed with delete tuning OR the factory emissions equipment has to be put back on and the truck run until it comes out of limp.

It is possible that the urea equipped 6.7 Cummins are a little different in this regard vs. the older 6.7 Cummins and 6.4 Fords, but I highly doubt it.
It didn't work because his ECU was locked up, it couldn't even load a tune period. He was not able to load a tune with his XRT either, he tried but his offroad tuning was wiped out when the dealer flashed over it. Had he not driven it with the factory tuning on it I could have loaded this tuner on there today without issue.

However his ECU will have to be unlocked now and then retuned, H&S already told him they will not unlock his old tuner.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I apologize for that if I did drop and F bomb. I was a little heated and I will take your tech's word for it that I did, and I apologize for that.
You don't have to apologize to me but I'll pass your apology on to him, I'm sure he will appreciate it.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It didn't work because his ECU was locked up, it couldn't even load a tune period. He was not able to load a tune with his XRT either, he tried but his offroad tuning was wiped out when the dealer flashed over it. Had he not driven it with the factory tuning on it I could have loaded this tuner on there today without issue.

However his ECU will have to be unlocked now and then retuned, H&S already told him they will not unlock his old tuner.
HE USED HIS TUNER TO RETURN THE TRUCK TO STOCK!!!!!!!!!!! HIS TUNER IS NOT VIN LOCKED!!!!! They just read the settings menu to me.

So tell me how his tuner was able to flash the truck back to stock and is now not VIN locked and is ready to be loaded onto another truck but it's somehow messed up?

It may be that his TRUCK is messed up or that a new update needs to be released for the new factory flash, but his PRO is NOT locked currently. Because he used it to flash the truck BACK TO STOCK after it shut down on him.

He also said the truck was running similarly with the H&S tuning on it as it was before he took it to Dodge. IE they apparently didin't fix the problem.

His tuner isn't locked. A new one isn't necessary because it obviously works as it programmed the truck back to stock.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
HE USED HIS TUNER TO RETURN THE TRUCK TO STOCK!!!!!!!!!!! HIS TUNER IS NOT VIN LOCKED!!!!! They just read the settings menu to me.

So tell me how his tuner was able to flash the truck back to stock and is now not VIN locked and is ready to be loaded onto another truck but it's somehow messed up?

It may be that his TRUCK is messed up or that a new update needs to be released for the new factory flash, but his PRO is NOT locked currently. Because he used it to flash the truck BACK TO STOCK after it shut down on him.

He also said the truck was running similarly with the H&S tuning on it as it was before he took it to Dodge. IE they apparently didin't fix the problem.

His tuner isn't locked. A new one isn't necessary because it obviously works as it programmed the truck back to stock.

He couldn't program it when he was trying to, I couldn't program it when I was trying to. So tell me how was he able to program it if his new dealer flash is over the update on the XRT ? And If I have the newest update on the tuner I tried and it still did not work, it locked up once it got to the writing tune stage of the programming.

Your contradicting yourself here.

If his tuner would work then the new tuner should work but it didn't because his ECU is locked out. If there was an issue with the dealer flash being newer than H&S's latest update then he wouldn't have been able to retune the truck with his old tuner either as your trying to say.

Its not like we are trying to just sell him a tuner, I gave him the option of going back to stock. I nor anyone else here makes commission off of any sale either so its not as if we are just blowing smoke up his rear to make a sale.

If I didn't illegitimately feel that his tunes were wiped out I wouldn't even recommend buying a new tuner. Situations when the dealer flashes over the tuning is part of the reason why they used to do unlock's on tuners in the first place. The H&S will write over what ever is on the ECU but he had his off road tuning on there when the dealer flashed it so he lost that tuning.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:48 PM

I understand. The recovery/return to stock process is different than loading the performance tuning. His tuner is unlocked and ready to install on another truck. I believe this it's an issue with the truck.

It's frustrating for everybody involved and it's tough when you have five different people who aren't on the same page.

You don't "lose" the tuning. The tuner doesn't know what's on the ECM. It only knows what the ECM is. Smarty and SCT verify versions and strategies, but H&S doesn't.

His tuner is not locked. I had the tech read the settings. I was on the phone with the other tech when it wouldn't load the performance tuning but it DID load the stock tuning. It did it again after he updated the tuner. He returned it to stock with the tuner and it it's now unlocked. It won't load the performance tuning. Neither will your new units. It is a problem with the truck or a new factory software that won't allow the performance tuning to be loaded that will require an update from H&S.

Having your truck flashed by a dealer with H&S tuning loaded will not brick your tuner. Obviously recommended NOT to do so! Lol

Last edited by drunk on diesel; 01-23-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So if down the road my mini maxx breaks, is there a way to turn my truck back to stock? Or am I stuck on no power mode? I say we get h&s to write us 6.7 guys an update that will leave it on the power level that it was previously set to like the 6.4's. At least this way if the tuner breaks or gets stolen we won't be stuck on no power mode. Who's with me???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.