Banks Dual Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Dual Exhaust

Has anyone installed the Banks Monster Diesel Dual exhaust on their truck? I was interested in doing it to my truck but I noticed that unlike the other exhaust systems they offer, it removes the factory muffler and doesn't replace it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't that make it pretty damn loud without a muffler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most DPF back exhaust kits will delete the factory muffler as it is not needed. There is very little difference, if any, with the factory muffler removed. The restriction and sound muffling is done in the DPF. That being said, the Banks kits look great.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 AM

Well that's good to hear. Banks is having a 20% off and free shipping for Veterans today, I'm tempted to go for it, I just don't want a loud truck. I know some guys are all about the loud manly exhaust, not me, I prefer it quiet as I'm cruisin' down the road. Thanks for the input. Daron.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 AM

Well disregard all. I just called Banks, and it wasn't designed for a dually, I would have to have it modified to get the exhaust port to stick out past the dually fenders so that it won't get burned. Sucks.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM

Get longer tips? My exhaust didnt stick out far enuff untill i put the tips on. And this way u can have it tucjed in or pulled out as far as you like.

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-12-2012, 09:47 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
they dont know what they are talking about then. the bed width at the back is the same as a pickup. how are they gonna advertise there cool cuff and say its gonna burn the bed. the dually fender doesnt go all the way back if i remember correctly. here is a pic of the dual side exit on a 08-10 dually with the big dually fenders and you can see the clearance it has. just an idea for ya. the duals look sick on duallys!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yah they don't seem to have very product knowledgeable staff at Banks customer service. I was told by one guy that the pickup dual exhaust would fit my Excursion. I called back a few weeks later to order it and that guy said there is absolutely no way a dual exhaust would fit and that I must have "heard" the first guy wrong. Yah right.

Term3
Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM

I hear ya guys, and I feel the way you do. From what he was explaining, the Banks kit exits on a SRW right smack dab where the bulk of the dually fender flare sits, causing it to be right underneath and not protruding all the way past a dew model. I agree with you, and I have my doubts on his knowledge of his own product, it wouldn't be the first time I have had incompetence like that from a company. I will do some more research, that is why I was hoping to find someone who put that EXACT same dual side exit kit on their truck to see without a doubt what it will or will not do. Thank you gentlemen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.