I Want To Tune But...... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 01:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I Want To Tune But......

I've been a PSD owner for 4 years now. My first one was a 2000 CCSB 7.3L. I bought it with 104K miles and sold it 6 weeks ago with 189K miles. I've wanted a 6.7L truck ever since they were introduced in 2010 and I finally bought one. I picked up a new 2012 CCSB 6 weeks ago and I already have 6,000 miles on it. I have not had one single problem with this truck and I couldn't be happier, except for the cruise control.

On my 7.3L, I put in a PHP 6 position chip, full 4" exhaust, and a CAI. I was very impressed with the difference it made and I badly want to do it to my new 6.7L but I'm scared to death something is going to break on the truck. I'm not scared that tuning or exhaust will cause the problem though.

I'm not one that rawhides a truck, I don't race and so far I've only pulled 16K pounds with it and I probably wont haul much more that that. I've never even floored this truck in stock form. I just like te "seat of pants" feel when you pass someone.

I will buy a tuner, probably H&S, and I will do a 4" MBRP exhaust with a muffler. I mainly want to delete the DPR & DEF but I do not want a loud exhaust.

Realistically, what are the odds of my truck having a major failure since the first 6,000 miles have been trouble free? I've noticed exhaust systems say with or without bungs, which one do I need? Should I go ahead and do the EGR delete or wait till warranty is up, so it'll be easier to return to stock if I have to carry it back in.

Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 363coupe; 02-10-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Premium Member

If your dealer is cool with mods go for it. Of u plan to keep it for the long haul then I'd say do it. Egd sucks to do but the sooner the better. Bungs aren't necessary u just have to tie up the sensors if u don't get the bungs
Old 11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

EGR you can eliminate with block off plates until you're out of warranty.

If I were you I'd get rid of the DPF and the EGR as soon as possible. If you don't run the truck hard, you can keep it on a mild tune and benefit from the added fuel mileage.

I deleted my truck at 825 miles and couldn't be happier.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM

Well, I orodered the Mini Maxx, MBRP 4" DownPipe Back Exhaust, And H&S EGR Delete today. I'm ready to get it all installed!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 PM

whats wrong with the cruise?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM

I'm too chicken to do anything to my new rig...I feel like if something goes wrong I'm going to be SOL...perhaps when I learn more I will be more comfortable. This is my first Ford and my first diesel...and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the warranty.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2012 View Post
whats wrong with the cruise?
I don't like how it downshifts when you go down a hill. Alot of the time, it'll shift down to 4th while doing 65 MPH. Nothing really wrong I don't guess, It just annoys me.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363coupe View Post
I don't like how it downshifts when you go down a hill. Alot of the time, it'll shift down to 4th while doing 65 MPH. Nothing really wrong I don't guess, It just annoys me.
Mine don't do that... May be isolated.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:52 PM

When on cruise, mine downshifts to maintain constant speed. It acts like its in tow mode and just tapped the brakes. It doesn't hurt your mileage...
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucpa111 View Post
When on cruise, mine downshifts to maintain constant speed. It acts like its in tow mode and just tapped the brakes. It doesn't hurt your mileage...
It's just annoying to me.

On a better note, My Mini Maxx arrived yesterday and man, what a difference. I thought my 7.3L was stout after I tuned it but this truck is mean. Can't wait to install my exhaust and EGR delete this weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.