Edge CTS/XRT pro or mini max? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 05:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge CTS/XRT pro or mini max?

Okay guys, I'm wanting to add more gauges so I can monitor more parameters like dpf regen status, urea level, amps and so on. I have looked at the CTS and the mini max and both will monitor what I want but for in the future I will want to do a dpf/urea/egr delete when I hit 5-10k miles. So would it be better to run the CTS with the XRT or just go straight for the mini max? I don't plan on running a really hot tune probably just stock tuning most the time. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM

I would just go with the mini max in your case instead of getting both the CTS and the XRT.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Agreed. The Mini Maxx is definitely the way to go.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM

It just sounded better getting the insight now bc of the price just for monitoring parameters. But in the long run y'all are right, it would save me the hassle and only have one device. Thanks guys!!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the CTS:

I really like it and I always run it on Level 1. It's basically stock, doesn't add any power but runs smoother, and honestly it does, pedal response is incredible, as well as fuel economy. I never ran a XRT , trust me you will be surprised on the performance you get on level one:
Level 0: Stock
Peak to Peak Gains:
Level 3 – 80 HP 180 tq
Level 2 – 65 HP 150 tq
Level 1 – No added power. Optimizes stock tuning with custom options feature to run smoother
Hope this helps and keep us posted on your choice and reviews on you decision, thanks
Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgr8ride View Post
I have the CTS:

I really like it and I always run it on Level 1. It's basically stock, doesn't add any power but runs smoother, and honestly it does, pedal response is incredible, as well as fuel economy. I never ran a XRT , trust me you will be surprised on the performance you get on level one:
Level 0: Stock
Peak to Peak Gains:
Level 3 80 HP 180 tq
Level 2 65 HP 150 tq
Level 1 No added power. Optimizes stock tuning with custom options feature to run smoother
Hope this helps and keep us posted on your choice and reviews on you decision, thanks
That's a clean looking setup! I'm eventually going to delete everything so that's the only downfall of buying the edge, But we will see. I wish I knew somebody that had a tuned 6.7 locally that way I could play around and get the feel for one.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
If you dont want the tune on the fly option of the mini maxx, the xrt and cts insight would be sweet. The cts i believe can monitors more parameters and also more parameters at once where with the mini maxx your limited to 4. Plus the cts also has options for back up camera if that interests you. or you could wait for h&s new tuner to come out that is replacing the discontinued black maxx. Im thinking it will be more up to par with spartans monitoring. hopefully it also has the back up camera option. If it does i will be replacing my mini maxx with it! I had a cts with back up cam on my 6.0 and man it sure does making hooking up to the equipment and boats a heck of a lot easier by your self.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM

I have a mini maxx and love it. But if the new black maxx resembles the touch screen spartan or the new sct I may upgrade to that for more features
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I tune with the h&s and run the hd300. But I watch everything with my edge cts because its wayyyy better for monitoring- you can watch 8 things vs 4 on the h&s...easy decision for me
Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr Powell
Newbie question to some effect, but some of the parameters I see you can watch are completely useless even for towing. Am I not seeing something here? I didn't use any on my 04 Duramax (back in 04-06 ran Power Pup @ 155hp and Edge at 125hp on stock trans for 2 years). My 12v experience is from my buddies compound setup and it's boost, egt and backpressure; truck makes ~900rwhp/1650rwtq. Is it that much of a difference now on the newer diesels?

I've had nothing but gas motor trucks since 06 until this year so not sure whats changed that would need to be watched over. I did a Edge Evo/HT at 200 miles and at 5k I went with a DPF delete and a H&S XRT Pro and I LOVE IT (1600 miles into so far).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.