Edge CTS/XRT pro or mini max? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mr Powell, there's is not a whole lot change from prior diesels except the dpf, urea level and things of that nature. But as far as the factory cluster the ford doesn't have a ammeter or oil pressure and these are things I've just grown to care for and keep an eye on.

Guys, I like the idea of the edge monitoring more parameters at once but the XRT is what I'm gonna have to get to delete and as what I read on h & s website MCC tuning will not be available for it. That's the disadvantage to that setup. Has there been any news or ideas on what the new h &s monitor will look like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr Powell
I didn't even think about the oil pressure. I love it on every cluster change its like a good gauge is deleted and random useless gauge (SOMETIMES) gets added!

My 996TT has a Voltage meter and my brothers 997TT they felt the oil temp was a better idea (Already has pressure). Which I can see people in that world not caring but someone who is modding cares about voltage. My fuel pump changes drastically with voltage drop and same with writing a tune.

What about an XRT Pro and like a Watchdog or a similar unit? Its two units but covers all bases, but the only issue I see is the WatchDog looks small to me, but it is the same unit as the MiniMaxx when it comes to size.

You'll enjoy the DPF delete when you do it. Running the hot tune and getting 19mpg between city and highway (stop/go traffic half that time).
Old 10-31-2012, 07:00 AM

I'm ready to for delete but want to make sure she's sound before I do anything by putting a few thousand miles more on her.
And as far as the watch dog I might as well run the mini max bc it's the same thing as far as the monitor goes and get the MCC tuning with it.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr Powell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiesel View Post
I'm ready to for delete but want to make sure she's sound before I do anything by putting a few thousand miles more on her.
And as far as the watch dog I might as well run the mini max bc it's the same thing as far as the monitor goes and get the MCC tuning with it.
True true! Still getting use to all the products that are out now. What I thought was good back then is crap now. Hell we didn't even have EFI Live for the trucks (we used it some on LS1's though).

I told myself I'd wait till 2-3k miles but it literally made it till the second day (on my way to Austin) that I got the first tuner. The Porsche was going to stay stock 5.5 years ago, needless to say it didn't (why I got that plate LOL). I probably will always just be a grown up kid LOL! The H&S and the delete was an AWESOME choice. Wish I wouldn't have wasted the money on the Edge because I kept hearing how much the deletes helped with fuel mileage, boy were they right.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
If you dont want the tune on the fly option of the mini maxx, the xrt and cts insight would be sweet. The cts i believe can monitors more parameters and also more parameters at once where with the mini maxx your limited to 4. Plus the cts also has options for back up camera if that interests you. or you could wait for h&s new tuner to come out that is replacing the discontinued black maxx. Im thinking it will be more up to par with spartans monitoring. hopefully it also has the back up camera option. If it does i will be replacing my mini maxx with it! I had a cts with back up cam on my 6.0 and man it sure does making hooking up to the equipment and boats a heck of a lot easier by your self.
Any word on what's replacing the black max yet?

- BUBZ
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAKnight View Post
Any word on what's replacing the black max yet?

- BUBZ
I don't think that will be anytime soon with what H&S is going through.

And does anybody know where to get a mount like mygr8tride has posted?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 PM

Edge CTS/XRT pro or mini max?

Okay guys bought my mini max, sinister egr delete, and 5 inch exhaust. What are y'all's guys thoughts on not having the secondary coolant sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.