Okay.. if this truck is still "Stock" why do we need to mod it ???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Okay.. if this truck is still "Stock" why do we need to mod it ????

Okay guys, I saw this and posted it a while ago right when the 6.7 was coming out... I want to get the HONEST opinion of you 6.7 owners if this is possible with your stock truck... odds are if Ford saw this then they definately voided the warranty on this truck... lol

But, let me know... this video alone sold my father in law on getting the 6.7... oh yea.. im selling his 96 350 CC,LB,4x4, Auto, 7.3 for him... yea giving up a 7.3 with about 82K miles for the 6.7

so let me know....

IM STILL A FAN OF AT 0:32 WHERE THE GUYS SAY " THERE IS NO WAY HE IS PULLING A TRAIN" LOL

But, even at the end they say "its on wheels it doesent count..." Ill call B.S. that 6.7. still had to have the power to get 280K lbs moving in the first place... even with the wheels spinning in the dirt as it was trying to pull.....

oh yea.... trains have air brakes, so odds are they were engaged when he was pulling the whole time.... just an observation....

Last edited by GunnyRappUSMC; 09-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You realize that this was a TV show right? Pulling something on wheels that is heavy in low range with enough traction is not impossible or particularly impressive for that matter. I suggest you do some reading on physics if this does not immediately make sense. Rail cars have substantially less tractive friction than something on tires, which is why rail road is still the most efficient form of overland transport.

By your rationale, I should be a body builder since I can push my Super Duty a few feet in my level driveway. The weight to tractive force ratio is about the same from me to my F-350 as a Dually to a locomotive. I don't see it as really anything more than a stunt, none of those trucks could pull a 12" stump from the ground on the same terrain.

Also, that would not void the warranty.

As far as modifying the truck, there are a whole host of reasons to do it - including more power, never having to worry about DEF, being able to adjust parameters of the engine and powertrain, being able to change tire size, get rid of the TPMS, etc. If you don't want to void the warranty or deal with working on your truck, don't tune it. Seems pretty simple to me...so why the thread again?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFascist View Post
You realize that this was a TV show right? Pulling something on wheels that is heavy in low range with enough traction is not impossible or particularly impressive for that matter. I suggest you do some reading on physics if this does not immediately make sense. Rail cars have substantially less tractive friction than something on tires, which is why rail road is still the most efficient form of overland transport.

By your rationale, I should be a body builder since I can push my Super Duty a few feet in my level driveway. The weight to tractive force ratio is about the same from me to my F-350 as a Dually to a locomotive. I don't see it as really anything more than a stunt, none of those trucks could pull a 12" stump from the ground on the same terrain.

Also, that would not void the warranty.

As far as modifying the truck, there are a whole host of reasons to do it - including more power, never having to worry about DEF, being able to adjust parameters of the engine and powertrain, being able to change tire size, get rid of the TPMS, etc. If you don't want to void the warranty or deal with working on your truck, don't tune it. Seems pretty simple to me...so why the thread again?

WOW ! ! ! ! somebody has a case of "I wanna hear myself talk and be a know it all" ... it was a posting to be taken as what it is...

a joke....

with that said I know the principals of physics and momentum dynamics... its not to hard to understand all of it.... I myself have the mentality of:

no matter how much power it has it can always use more.... case in point Im spending 7K on a new motor (super black mamba - built and tuned to 650 HP 1350 Tq ) for my 00, and another 13K on the trans and rear end... and even then Im gonna be looking to add more power... not to mention a bigger fuel tank....

so dont go taking everything so litteral... it was meant as a joke take it as such....

MY MOTOR..... well in about another 4 days when it gets here (0.56 sec - 1.23)

Last edited by GunnyRappUSMC; 09-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ok so enough about the train, let's hear about this 80k mile 96 7.3 your selling!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyRappUSMC View Post
WOW ! ! ! ! somebody has a case of "I wanna hear myself talk and be a know it all" ... it was a posting to be taken as what it is...

a joke....

with that said I know the principals of physics and momentum dynamics... its not to hard to understand all of it.... I myself have the mentality of:

no matter how much power it has it can always use more.... case in point Im spending 7K on a new motor (super black mamba - built and tuned to 650 HP 1350 Tq ) for my 00, and another 13K on the trans and rear end... and even then Im gonna be looking to add more power... not to mention a bigger fuel tank....

so dont go taking everything so litteral... it was meant as a joke take it as such....

BLACK MAMBA 7.3L POWERSTROKE CRATE MOTOR FROM THE HORSEPOWER SHOP - YouTube

MY MOTOR..... well in about another 4 days when it gets here (0.56 sec - 1.23)

be careful before you spend your money. it's been proven several times that the supposed 400hp black mamba motor would really only make about 280-300 hp. i can't remember off the top of my head but it was basically just a studded stock motor from what i've seen online. there are several threads talking about how they're not worth it.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillonC View Post
be careful before you spend your money. it's been proven several times that the supposed 400hp black mamba motor would really only make about 280-300 hp. i can't remember off the top of my head but it was basically just a studded stock motor from what i've seen online. there are several threads talking about how they're not worth it.
I heard the same thing... thats why its a buddy of mine that got the specs on the motor, and hes building it for me and hes going to dyno it for me... if it doesent deliver the numbers hes promised me i dont have to pay a single penny for it... so say what you will about that motor...

but the one im getting is a true "Super Black Mamba" yea im definately not doing the orange paint though.. i think a black mamba should be black....lol

so yea if it doesent do the numbers i still get the motor and dont have to pay for it... cant beat a guarantee like that can you?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by badyota82 View Post
Ok so enough about the train, let's hear about this 80k mile 96 7.3 your selling!

theres a video on it at this post...

82K Miles..... 96 F350 CCLB 4x4
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I heard the same thing... thats why its a buddy of mine that got the specs on the motor, and hes building it for me and hes going to dyno it for me... if it doesent deliver the numbers hes promised me i dont have to pay a single penny for it... so say what you will about that motor...

but the one im getting is a true "Super Black Mamba" yea im definately not doing the orange paint though.. i think a black mamba should be black....lol

so yea if it doesent do the numbers i still get the motor and dont have to pay for it... cant beat a guarantee like that can you?
oh ok gotcha, well hell I'd be all for it too then if thats the case. youve got a very confident buddy lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillonC View Post
oh ok gotcha, well hell I'd be all for it too then if thats the case. youve got a very confident buddy lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Naw hes not confidant.. hes just ****y... but he cant really be ****y when he really is just that good....

Matter of fact he's drooling to get his hands on a 6.7 to see waht he can do with it...lol

hint hint... any takers???

lol
Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Naw hes not confidant.. hes just ****y... but he cant really be ****y when he really is just that good....

Matter of fact he's drooling to get his hands on a 6.7 to see waht he can do with it...lol

hint hint... any takers???

lol
If my stock 6.7 (which it is not) can pull a train, why would I need your friend to get his hands on my motor! lol Can you see the irony in this thread? haha

Sorry Gunny, I couldn't help myself!

I agree, if it's a black mamba, why is it chevy orange?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.