H@S tuner reviews? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H@S tuner reviews?

Hey there, so I am coming from a 2008 6.4 spartan tuned and was thinking of getting a tuner for my new 6.7 what are the opinions on the H@S canned DPF on tunes are they worth the $1000.00? I understand to stay away from the green tunes for the time being I have read about them, but I havent seen much conversation about just the canned tunes from H@S. Also thinking of getting a tuner mainly for the wheel pressure monitor bypass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Being able to adjust your tire pressure is a big plus. The stock tunes from HS for the DPF ON setting are noticeable, but you would be better off doing a delete and running those tunes. Truck is still going to Regen and use DEF fluid with the DPF ON tunes, plus your putting all that soot back into your engine. You can't go wrong with H&S. Product and customer service is the best out there. I have been using them for 3 years, and couldn't be happier (well a little more HP would be nice ..not their fault).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post
Being able to adjust your tire pressure is a big plus. The stock tunes from HS for the DPF ON setting are noticeable, but you would be better off doing a delete and running those tunes. Truck is still going to Regen and use DEF fluid with the DPF ON tunes, plus your putting all that soot back into your engine. You can't go wrong with H&S. Product and customer service is the best out there. I have been using them for 3 years, and couldn't be happier (well a little more HP would be nice ..not their fault).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
I understand exactly what you are saying about full deletes, trust me I am a believer, but this is sooooo smooth and quiet and not stinky. I don't know if I want to back down that road.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Surrounded by Corn!

I loved the mini on my 11 F250. Mine is for sale with a blendmount under performance parts for sale on here if you want to save a few bucks.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

DPF ON: Noticeable power increase, very nice trans tuning, better than stock. A little better MPG, but it's not huge.

DPF OFF: I hear what you are saying about stinky and noisy. It's not all that bad and the power improvement and MPG is noticeable. Picked up a solid 3mpg around town, haven't had a highway run yet, but I expect it to be about the same.
The diesel stink is there. A little smoky too.
The sound is not noticeable until you stomp on it, then you know you've lit a fire somewhere. There's an underpass right where I hit the on ramp. I can hardly resist thundering by some slug that's been holding me up. It really roars at WOT
Their support has been stellar.
I have a dyno appt set for Friday and then we'll see just how much power it really makes.

As you already know, the KEM tunes get the 'big avoid'. Driveability issues, lousy mpg and little to no support.

The Spartan is getting some good press lately. There's a thread around that reports nearly 500RWHP and 1350TQ! (DPF Off) Supposedly the newest update fixes the no-pyro complaint too.

Last edited by TrickTruck; 09-05-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:21 PM

I never tried the DPF on tunes because they are a waste of time in my opinion. The main reason I tuned was to rid the truck of that damned DPF!!! I've had no problems with the H&S in the 15,000 miles it's been on.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
been wanting to tune our '12 with the mini maxx but its a cab and chassis and i just havent decided do i want to risk the turbo issues.

Met a friend of a friend last night with a 2012 F250 crew cab long bed with h&S mini maxx and dpf deleted and he loves it. Plus the sound of that truck is amazing. wish my 6.4 sounded that good. h&s does have great customer service, just had to call them today because my hdmi cable went bad and they had it shipped out same day. Tune on the fly is nice, just so you can go from pulling a heavy trailer to empty without having to worry about doing the download of a tune when switching loads. buy used and save you money. you will still have to buy the 6.7 unlock code but it will still be cheaper and their is no relicensing fee for h&s.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 AM

I ran my truck for a while with just the mini maxx and it is a noticable difference but it seemed to make the truck regen more often. Milage was better at first but i think all the regens brought it down. That or it was my right foot...still not sure. But after i did the deleates i couldnt be happier.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

H&S all the way. I had Spartan on my 6.4 and hated waiting for tunes to load, losing power over time then having to reflash, and the 6.4 tranny slip bang issues that only occured after tuning. Their tranny tuning on big tunes was crap. The truck would shift great in 1st and 2nd gear then get retarded in 3rd, then go back to perfect again. I ran the 210hp tune even though I had access to the others. Just couldn't deal with the shifting issues. H&S makes less power but overall is a much better package, and shift on the fly is important to me.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Does the h&s have trunication cut out or is that gone with their tunes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.