Mini max stopped communicating with truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini max stopped communicating with truck

So after about a thousand flawless miles with the mini max, I had a little issue tonight. I had just clicked it up into hot and gave the neighbors a show, and after I got up to speed with my foot off the throttle, I proceeded to dial it back to the no power setting. In the process of clicking it from hot to no power the speedo gauge started bouncing and I got a in dash traction control light it beeped multiple times as the message center for lack of better term kinda freaked out bouncing between normal and a traction control code . As the truck was dinging and flashing at me the only thing I thought to do, ( for better or worse) I disconnected the mini max at the obd port. The dash went back to normal and the truck drove fine but it will not establish communication with the truck any more. I have tried repeatedly to power it off, shut the truck down, unplug, replug and every combination in between but still no dice. Truck runs and drives fine with no lights, I'm just not sure if I'm in hot or wild at this point?

Where do I go from here?

FYI
2011 job 2 f-350 28,000miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
most likely a hardware issue with the OBD-II block or the HDMI cable. If you have another HDMI cable at the house, you can swap it in and see if that's the issue. If it doesn't cure it, call H&S Monday morning. They'll get you fixed up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
most likely a hardware issue with the OBD-II block or the HDMI cable. If you have another HDMI cable at the house, you can swap it in and see if that's the issue. If it doesn't cure it, call H&S Monday morning. They'll get you fixed up!
Easy fix, after robbing a hdmi cable from my home theater system, I grabbed the mini max from its cradle and discovered that it came unplugged from the hdmi from the back of the mini max.


Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great to hear that! Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
love an easy fix!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by minzbig22 View Post
So after about a thousand flawless miles with the mini max, I had a little issue tonight. I had just clicked it up into hot and gave the neighbors a show, and after I got up to speed with my foot off the throttle, I proceeded to dial it back to the no power setting. In the process of clicking it from hot to no power the speedo gauge started bouncing and I got a in dash traction control light it beeped multiple times as the message center for lack of better term kinda freaked out bouncing between normal and a traction control code . As the truck was dinging and flashing at me the only thing I thought to do, ( for better or worse) I disconnected the mini max at the obd port. The dash went back to normal and the truck drove fine but it will not establish communication with the truck any more. I have tried repeatedly to power it off, shut the truck down, unplug, replug and every combination in between but still no dice. Truck runs and drives fine with no lights, I'm just not sure if I'm in hot or wild at this point?

Where do I go from here?

FYI
2011 job 2 f-350 28,000miles
Glad to hear its fixed now.
But just a fyi when you unplug your mini from the obd port. It automatically turns power back to no power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
Glad to hear its fixed now.
But just a fyi when you unplug your mini from the obd port. It automatically turns power back to no power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Huh, didn't know that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
Glad to hear its fixed now.
But just a fyi when you unplug your mini from the obd port. It automatically turns power back to no power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
if the key is off, the ECM stays on whatever power level it was last on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors