Whats the best DPF friendly programmer? And other legal mods? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats the best DPF friendly programmer? And other legal mods?

So I picked up a pre owned 2012 F350 reg cab, white, 4x4, xlt 6.7 with 21,000 miles. Paying close to 600 a month, and i plan on keeping it for a while. First off, this thing is smooth! I love how nice and quiet it is, which is part of the reason im keeping the exhaust stock and legal. But what i dont understand is why it tries to shift into 6th gear as soon as possible, even at slow speeds. Tow/haul seems to help a little, especially for braking. Seems to get kind of decent fuel economy, id say close to 20. But its fun getting on it a little and watching the turbo psi gauge climb haha. So what are the best legal mods for this truck? Im thinking dpf back exhaust, bully dog intake, and bully dog GT. Opinions? Really like this truck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 AM

Congrats! DPF back exhaust will do nothing but change the look of the tail pipe. H&S is your best bet and one step further is KEM Green tunes. No need to run a CAI since they are just for increased sound and show little to no gain with the DPF still on. Running KEM green tunes here and very happy.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:08 AM

How is the mpg with the green card

Sent from my LS670 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf250sd11 View Post
Congrats! DPF back exhaust will do nothing but change the look of the tail pipe. H&S is your best bet and one step further is KEM Green tunes. No need to run a CAI since they are just for increased sound and show little to no gain with the DPF still on. Running KEM green tunes here and very happy.
How often are you going through regen? What about adding def fluid? Has your frequency increased or remained pretty consistent?

How do you like the tuning?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
How often are you going through regen? What about adding def fluid? Has your frequency increased or remained pretty consistent?

How do you like the tuning?
Seems to regen even less thus far. Trans tuning shifts too hard but I do not have traction bars which will help that. Until then I returned to stock trans tuning. Happy with engine tuning and fuel mileage picked up nicely.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 AM

I am kind of lost on which tuners you can use and reload the stock files to take the truck back for warranted work. Innovative has the sct with their programs on for sale now but I have seen anyone that is using it yet. What tuners/ programmers make it so you can lie to the dealership. Only interested in dpf on stuff for now.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 AM

I've been looking at h&s tuners but it's a lot of money and then another 100 dollars just for 6.7 tunes I think is ridiculous. Id like to get a sct tuner and run dpf on tunes for now. But I'd like to know when custom tunes are going to be available and can you run delete tunes, we will see.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 AM

I'm just looking to add a little extra power and hopefully mpg. Also I don't want to get spanked by my little cousins 6.0

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-26-2012, 03:33 PM

H&S is your best option. It might not be be cheap but, do you really want to use cheap tunes on your new truck? $15,000 engine and you're thinking about buying cheap programming to run it??

Just my .02

Last edited by Andrew010; 06-26-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Money is not the only reason I was looking at the SCT. I like that it stores the stock data so you can take it in for warrantee work. So lighten up seriously. It a forum to discuss different options.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.