New H&S updater program - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-26-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 141
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New H&S updater program

Apparently H&S has changed the way we download updates to our sd cards for our programers???

I just checked out their website and apparently we dont have to download the update files, then copy the update files and paste them in our sd card file.

Now there is a "H&S update utility" program that does all the file transfers to our sd card for us.

Has anyone used this new way of updating? I could use some help figuring this out.

Help and advice is appreciated!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #2 of 21 Old 05-26-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 141
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
Apparently H&S has changed the way we download updates to our sd cards for our programers???

I just checked out their website and apparently we dont have to download the update files, then copy the update files and paste them in our sd card file.

Now there is a "H&S update utility" program that does all the file transfers to our sd card for us.

Has anyone used this new way of updating? I could use some help figuring this out.

Help and advice is appreciated!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
Another question is how do we download a older update version?

For example BIGGPIGG has update version TV-6.7.19 on his mini maxx and im still running the older update version TV-6.7.17 on my mini and BIGGPIGG wants to possibly return to the older version to see if it will possibly fix the issues hes been having with his truck.

Help is much appreciated!


Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 05-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't think you can go back to previous versions.


Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

2011 F-350 CCSB
powerstroke43 is offline  
post #4 of 21 Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Don't you worry about it


 
strokinpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,164
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Thanks: 54
Thanked 226 Times in 209 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you can not go back in versions.


Keith
2014 F250 Platinum FX4
AFE Intake
Sct x4
4" Dual Exhaust no muffler with 5" MBRP tips
4" BDS with Fox shocks
20x9 Gear Alloy Big blocks 0 offset
35" Toyo AT2's
Procomp Pro runner dual stabilizers
strokinpower is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Hawkeye Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As far as the automatic updater deal, you download that to your computer, then every time you plug in your mini max with the USB deal, it automatically pops up, then you can select which version you would like to Down Load. Then click the update button. Its pretty easy, kind of slow though, I did 6.7.19 with it, and it took almost an hour to download to my card.

[/SIGPIC]2008 F250 Lariat, 8" lift 37x12.5 20 Nittos, Spartan tuned running 275 with an AFE stage 2 and 4" straight pipe. Next up, full EGR and Cooler delete

Proud to be a Union Steamfitter
Hawkeye Diesel is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 05-27-2012, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 141
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the replys guys.

So we cant go back to older update versions? Thats a bummer

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Altoona, Ia
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't see why you couldn't go back to previous versions if you saved the files on your SD card before you added the new files. When I updated to .19 I first copied all the files from the SD card (.17 version) and saved them in a new folder on my computer. Then I added the new files from the update I downloaded so now the card has .19 on it. I finished by updating the firmware in the minimaxx.

I figured if I didn't like .19 I could pull the SD out of the minimaxx and format it. Then put the folder I created on my computer (.17) on the SD card then put it back in the minimaxx. The minimaxx isn't going to know that you're actually going back in tune versions, it's only going to install and run what files are on the SD card.


I haven't actually tried this but I see no reason it wouldn't work. I could be wrong though.
Andrew010 is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 141
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew010 View Post
I don't see why you couldn't go back to previous versions if you saved the files on your SD card before you added the new files. When I updated to .19 I first copied all the files from the SD card (.17 version) and saved them in a new folder on my computer. Then I added the new files from the update I downloaded so now the card has .19 on it. I finished by updating the firmware in the minimaxx.

I figured if I didn't like .19 I could pull the SD out of the minimaxx and format it. Then put the folder I created on my computer (.17) on the SD card then put it back in the minimaxx. The minimaxx isn't going to know that you're actually going back in tune versions, it's only going to install and run what files are on the SD card.


I haven't actually tried this but I see no reason it wouldn't work. I could be wrong though.
This is what i was just thinking about. Im sure its possible if we save each update version in seperate files on our computer. Like you said.

Thanks for the idea Andrew!

By the way did you notice any differences between .17 and the. 19 version?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,356
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 136 Times in 129 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
as long as the newer version didn't include a firmwear update for the downloader, you can go back. but, for example, the latest 6.4 update makes it so that you can't go back to any previous updates

you can just take your SD card out and put it in his downloader to try it.

if it works, just copy paste the files from your card to his
drunk on diesel is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Altoona, Ia
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
This is what i was just thinking about. Im sure its possible if we save each update version in seperate files on our computer. Like you said.

Thanks for the idea Andrew!

By the way did you notice any differences between .17 and the. 19 version?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Only changes were to the TCM, and yes I noticed huge changes for the better.
Andrew010 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome