Anyone with a spartan..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 11:51 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone with a spartan.....

Want to trade me tuners for a while or drive my truck and let me drive yours? Getting pretty bored with the aftermarket here and thinking about switching tuners for the hell of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Hell, I'm about ready to GIVE my Spartan to someone I don't like! Ha Ha

When in doubt, mash on it....and don't stop till you smell sh!t or hear glass break!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well then let him run the Spartan and you run the H&S and let me know what you think. Sounds to me like a good deal for him.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Spartan that bad huh? Guess ill just have to wait for turbo and fuel upgrades. I like h&s, dont get me wrong. Just wish the aftermarket would step it up.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM

I love my spartan truck runs great and shifts good to. I agree with you, the aftermarket just needs to come out with one single good turbo and then go from there.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM

My Spartan tuned truck runs and shifts good, but you can't monitor any of the important stuff with it, it costs too damn much to lack what it does, and the customer service is horrible due to them steadily giving excuses for it not doing what you need it to. but all in all, I guess it's my own fault for buying the damned thing

When in doubt, mash on it....and don't stop till you smell sh!t or hear glass break!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

So how are you spartan guys holding up? How many miles do you have on the spartan? Any failures? I think I'm going to buy a spartan to see which one I like best, the sell the other one. Spartan and H&S are the only ones that really do DPF off tunning that have any kind of support. The rest of the guys are apparently terrified of the EPA or don't care....

But the thing that gets me is the other guys are loud and proud of the 6.4 deleted tunes, why the hell is it any different than the 6.7? Removing DPF on either not the same consequence???
Old 09-01-2012, 01:15 PM

I still have mine no problems so far. I think I have around 12k on mine running spartan. Truck feels strong and I have nothing but good things to say. The update helped out the trucks shifting with the war hammer and now it shifts great at low speeds. I haven't been running the high horse tunes lately because it's harvest season and I never known when I will have to tow so its easiest to just leave it on the low tune. If you do switch or try the Spartan I would really like to know what you think.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:15 PM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

You're not thinking of switching are you? The nice thing about the h&S is that you can instantly turn the power down when you hook to a trailer. Being able to run KEM tunes i thought was going to be great but that was a total let down. The black maxx is a nice unit but some more aggressive tunes would bw nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 09-01-2012, 03:21 PM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth View Post
I still have mine no problems so far. I think I have around 12k on mine running spartan. Truck feels strong and I have nothing but good things to say. The update helped out the trucks shifting with the war hammer and now it shifts great at low speeds. I haven't been running the high horse tunes lately because it's harvest season and I never known when I will have to tow so its easiest to just leave it on the low tune. If you do switch or try the Spartan I would really like to know what you think.
If you lived a little closer I would say lets swap trucks for a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.