Question for H&S users - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question for H&S users

Does the H&S allow for tire size calibration, boost readings, and egt readings (this one I'm sure about though)? Spartan has once again given me the runaround on when we will be able to have these capabilities with their tuner, which makes me even further regret purchasing their product. thinking about swapping over to H&S, and taking the Spartan apart and using it as something useful and beneficial to me truck......an ashtray!

When in doubt, mash on it....and don't stop till you smell sh!t or hear glass break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes it does all those things you listed.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 PM

Looks like ill be trying to figure out how to get this paper weight off my windshield and swapping over to a tuner that does what its advertisements say it does then

When in doubt, mash on it....and don't stop till you smell sh!t or hear glass break!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can adjust for tire size but i think only a couple sizes larger. It will read egts but only if you buy the egr block off plates. No egts if you are running dpf on.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke43 View Post
You can adjust for tire size but i think only a couple sizes larger. It will read egts but only if you buy the egr block off plates. No egts if you are running dpf on.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
He is correct about the tire size. There are factory limitations in the ABS module for tire size values. We are working to get around them, but have not released a solution yet. Currently you can adjust from 31" to 34".

As for the EGT readings, the H&S Product will need to have a probe installed into the exhaust manifold to get proper data. There are some tricky things we do with the ECU and monitoring functions to enable the EGT option. We offer a kit to help with this if you need it. H&S Part number 302202.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM

I already have the h&s full egr delete kit and probe installed. its just that even with all this in place, the tuner I am currently running can't seem to do anything with the information the probe is sending to it

Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified Oilfield Trash View Post
I already have the h&s full egr delete kit and probe installed. its just that even with all this in place, the tuner I am currently running can't seem to do anything with the information the probe is sending to it

Yes, the hardware and software have to be a matched set. Not only do you need the pyrometer installed, but the monitoring device and engine calibration will need to be modified to accept and translate the correct data.

In all honesty, I think Spartan will take care of you. They are a stand up company and have some great products. They may just be a little behind for one reason or another at getting a new update finalized. These new trucks are a whole different animal. Calibration files have nearly tripled in size and data content over the past few ECU changes. It makes for a nightmare on the programming end of things.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:30 AM

I am sure they will in time, but it would be nice to get the same exact explanation from them instead of the vague response I have been getting for the past several months. if they would be honest with me and tell me they are having hell with it, I would be more apt to install a pyro and wait them out a few more months. but they have been beating around the bush and that loses my respect more than anything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.