FASS/Air Dog - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FASS/Air Dog

Gents,
I am new to the PS world. Coming from the dark side. 4 cummins over the last 10 years. I have always been a believer in the clean fuel factor. I wanted to know if you guys thought the same way or if Ford did a good enough job with the factory system. I want to keep the warranty and will be planning for at least the first 50,000 keeping it stock. Most dealers on the Dodge side were ok with the clean fuel systems. Is this a concern with warranty? Thanks for your advice in advance. Really like the truck other than the complicateness of the truck. It scares me to pop the hood

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Premium Member

Any changes to the factory fuel system will not go over well with your warranty. IMO the stock system does an excellent job with filtration. The only reason to go with a FASS would be up your supply but you won't really need that until you get into the 600 RWHP range. If you're concerned about it put in a bed tank with a bowl filter and fill your tank through it. Welcome to the .org.

PS if you want to know everything about the truck go to H&S website and grab the PDF for the 6.7. It's written by Ford for the techs, very informative.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Premium Member

Here's the direct link. http://www.hsperformance.com/1/image...67L_Diesel.pdf
Old 11-14-2011, 01:25 PM
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mor4wd View Post
Thanks for that link. Got it downloaded
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw713713 View Post
Gents,
I am new to the PS world. Coming from the dark side. 4 cummins over the last 10 years. I have always been a believer in the clean fuel factor. I wanted to know if you guys thought the same way or if Ford did a good enough job with the factory system. I want to keep the warranty and will be planning for at least the first 50,000 keeping it stock. Most dealers on the Dodge side were ok with the clean fuel systems. Is this a concern with warranty? Thanks for your advice in advance. Really like the truck other than the complicateness of the truck. It scares me to pop the hood

Thanks,
I had a FASS on my 2002 2500HD. I think the truck ran quieter and I greatly appreciated the added filtration and removal of vapor bubbles in the fuel....which was one of the major theories as to why the injectors failed on the Duramax. If you do a search...many major diesel engine producers did studies on this and what damage occurs ( Cat, Cummins etc.).

My 2011 will have a FASS installed in a couple of weeks. Reading posts about HPFP failures and Ford denying payment because of evidence of water contamination of the fuel......I'm less concerned about voiding the warranty....or warranty coverage than I am of the HPFP failure. Thus I think the extra filtration etc. might just be added insurance. You'll find folks on both sides of the issue.....Who's to say which is right or wrong...don't know. For me....I like the idea of the FASS or AirDog.

Good Luck,

Wayne
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Premium Member

I lost the links to several of the studies...here's an overview of some of the things I'm referring to:

FTE Diesel.com / Diesel Performance Parts for Diesel Pickup Enthusiasts...

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.