H&S Update 6.7.16 problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Update 6.7.16 problems

Earlier today I tried to update to 6.7.16 and when I tried to copy and paste the files onto the SD card i kept getting an error saying there wasn't enough room. I WAS selecting to REPLACE the files so there should have been plenty of room on the 2GB SD card.

I called H&S and they told me that sometimes people have these problems and recommended that I download the FULL program and replace all of the SD contents. When I tried that I was not able to put the contents onto the card. I ended having to reformat the card and then I was finally able to put the FULL program onto the card.

When I went to install and update the unit, the Mini Maxx said something like "Can not find SD Card. Please reinsert and try again." I tried about ten different times, trying to turn the car off completely, unplugging the programmer and nothing has worked.

I did have to rename the SD Card after the reformat. I forgot the original name of the card before I deleted it so I just named the SD card "MINI MAX", and after a little googling I noticed that it probably should be named "Mini Maxx." That has been changed but I have yet to see if this is a fix.

I didn't find ANYTHING at all on any of the forums so even though this may be an easy fix, I wanted the next guy out there to be able to find some info.

TXGold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGold View Post
Earlier today I tried to update to 6.7.16 and when I tried to copy and paste the files onto the SD card i kept getting an error saying there wasn't enough room. I WAS selecting to REPLACE the files so there should have been plenty of room on the 2GB SD card.

I called H&S and they told me that sometimes people have these problems and recommended that I download the FULL program and replace all of the SD contents. When I tried that I was not able to put the contents onto the card. I ended having to reformat the card and then I was finally able to put the FULL program onto the card.

When I went to install and update the unit, the Mini Maxx said something like "Can not find SD Card. Please reinsert and try again." I tried about ten different times, trying to turn the car off completely, unplugging the programmer and nothing has worked.

I did have to rename the SD Card after the reformat. I forgot the original name of the card before I deleted it so I just named the SD card "MINI MAX", and after a little googling I noticed that it probably should be named "Mini Maxx." That has been changed but I have yet to see if this is a fix.

I didn't find ANYTHING at all on any of the forums so even though this may be an easy fix, I wanted the next guy out there to be able to find some info.

TXGold
Reformat the SD card as Fat16. Fat32 will NOT work. Copy and paste the full SD download to the card.

Should be good to go now. Let us know if you have any more problems.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My mac with the latest software just has MS-DOS(FAT). Not sure if it's 16 or 32. Any ideas besides get a windows machine?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGold View Post
My mac with the latest software just has MS-DOS(FAT). Not sure if it's 16 or 32. Any ideas besides get a windows machine?
Yes, Mac will cause some problems. We have seen it numerous times. I am not a Mac user, so cannot suggest a solution other than trying another computer.

One of our graphic designers here is a Mac user and I will have to go do some playing with an update using his computer. I am sure there is a simple solution, but I just have no experience with that platform.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
Yes, Mac will cause some problems. We have seen it numerous times. I am not a Mac user, so cannot suggest a solution other than trying another computer.

One of our graphic designers here is a Mac user and I will have to go do some playing with an update using his computer. I am sure there is a simple solution, but I just have no experience with that platform.

Good luck!
You mean to tell me people still use that Windows based crap? Next you are going to tell me they use Internet Explorer as well......

Seriously though, it seems more and more people are going with Mac these days. I think it would be well worth your time to make sure everything is kosher with them. Great customer service as always guys!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The chip might have gotten fried. Have not been able to get it to work. I remember from our conversation that I need to get exactly a 2GB card not higher not lower. I'll try that and check back.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Retired

You can run Bootcamp (a Windows partition) on your Mac or use a program like Parallels (which is a Windows emulator) which makes a fake Windows environment and will run Windows better than a PC. Bootcamp is free and should be on your mac. Go to "Applications" then "Utilities" and click on the bootcamp icon to get started.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Retired

BTW, I did not have a problem at all downloading and loading the files for my newly arrived Mini Maxx.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sgt93 do you have the 6.7.16 version? I read on here someone had an issue with it for tire size adjustment and someone said not to update to that one right now

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 11-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Retired

I have the latest version as I just downloaded yesterday. If memory serves, that is the one I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.