exhaust system. cat/dpf - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
exhaust system. cat/dpf

On the 6.4 the dpf is bolted between the cat and tail pipe, but on the 6.7 it looks like its all combined. Does they dpf unbolt from the cat? I couldn't see where it did anywhere. Im getting ready to do a dpf delete and I could use some help

Last edited by Bryce18; 10-25-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 12:11 PM

Its all integrated into one with the dpf. There's only three parts to the whole exhaust. They include the dpf which connects to the downpipe, a foot extension pipe, and the over axle part which is connected to the exhaust tip. You can either go with just a dpf delete and keep the rest stock piping or go with a full exhaust. If you go with a full exhaust I recommend Mbrp or Flo Pro.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks a bunch. Do you have a dpf delete? If so could you post some pictures from underneath your truck. Id like to see what it looks like installed.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

A lot of people are just going with the DPF/Cat delete pipes as it is very easy to install. Below is a pic, you can see the glanges it uses for install, a direct bolt-in.

Ford 6.7L DPF/Cat Delete Pipe
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
A lot of people are just going with the DPF/Cat delete pipes as it is very easy to install. Below is a pic, you can see the glanges it uses for install, a direct bolt-in.

Ford 6.7L DPF/Cat Delete Pipe
Installing the last new delete pipe wont be a problem, removing the dpf filter seems like the hard part.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:12 PM

I have a full exhaust so I don't know if you want a pic of that. The easiest way to uninstall the dpf is unplug all of the sensors first(there's about 5), then unbolt the exhaust hangers from the frame and drop it down. Dont worry about pulling the exhaust rubber fittings off the hanger while under the truck because that would be a pain. The dpf weights around 150lbs so be careful, you might want a friend to help or put a support under it.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlee0034 View Post
I have a full exhaust so I don't know if you want a pic of that. The easiest way to uninstall the dpf is unplug all of the sensors first(there's about 5), then unbolt the exhaust hangers from the frame and drop it down. Dont worry about pulling the exhaust rubber fittings off the hanger while under the truck because that would be a pain. The dpf weights around 150lbs so be careful, you might want a friend to help or put a support under it.
Thanks a bunch! When unplugging the sensors, do I unplug from the dpf and leaveI on thethe truck, or unplug from the truck and leave the sensors on the dpf. And its easier just to unbolt from the frame then trying to take it off from the rubber fittings? And ya im planning on having a friend help.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 AM

Unplug the sensors on the dpf then unbolt the exhaust hangars and drop it down. Then once you have everything out, you can decide what to do with the hanging wires.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=brandonlee0034;2728904]Unplug the sensors on the dpf then unbolt the exhaust hangars and drop it down. Then once you have everything out, you can decide what to do with the hanging wires.[/Q
That sound pretty easy. So the sensors are no longer needed perfect! Now I just got to make some more money so I can by a h and s mini max and delete.
Thanks for the help!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

Just to clarify brandonlee's post, nothing unplugs from the DPF/CAT/SCR. All the pigtail remain on the part your taking out. They all are about 1 foot long with the exception of the rear most plug, which is also the largest, it's about 2 foot long with a big plug end. Be very careful to get all the wire unplugged because when you get ready to drop it, it will yank anything out that's still plugged in and damage it. I'm dealing with that now. Also, the skid plate that protect the actual DPF portion comes off with 4 13mm bolts and makes it much easier to get the dang thing down. The 5 exhaust hanger nuts are 13mm, the 2 downpipe bell flange bolts are 13mm and the rear flange has 3 15mm nuts. Don't loose the shim/gaskets on the rear flange. It also help to put a ratchet strap around the over axle pipe and pull it straight back to get everything out easier. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.