H&s over fueling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 07:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&s over fueling

Is anyone with h&s mini max and dpf delete having trouble with to much fuel on the no power setting, I can not take off from a stop with out blowing big cloud and thats in no power, once the turbo spools ( 30 seconds later ) it clears out. I would think that this would have been addressed by now but no.
Please let me know how your truck is responding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you floor it even stock you will get that. With no dpf it shows . Try lightley taking off then once the turbo spools you can mash it . It is what it is. I run the hot tune all day every day and only get a huge cloud if I pin it right from idle
Old 10-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Thanks for your reply, it dosent matter how i start out, if i go at 1/4 throttle im blowing smoke and as I said before, thats in no power, you should see what it does on the hot tune..... I think the turbo lag on this truck has been much less than desireable from the begining and had the truck to the dealer twice with in the first month of having it and both times they said that the truck is supossed to be that way so i see no sense in going back to dealer or replacing the turbo with another stock turbo, Im waiting for elite diesel to get the power max set up on there truck and then Im next. H&S has been great and is going to make me a tune that cuts down the fuel until 1500 rpm for now and when the turbo is done then hopfully I can run the normal tunes again. Just sucks you buy a $68000.00 truck and ford wont do anything but say that its normal!!!!! Cant wait for the new turbo, maybe even compound
Old 10-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penrosetractor View Post
Thanks for your reply, it dosent matter how i start out, if i go at 1/4 throttle im blowing smoke and as I said before, thats in no power, you should see what it does on the hot tune..... I think the turbo lag on this truck has been much less than desireable from the begining and had the truck to the dealer twice with in the first month of having it and both times they said that the truck is supossed to be that way so i see no sense in going back to dealer or replacing the turbo with another stock turbo, Im waiting for elite diesel to get the power max set up on there truck and then Im next. H&S has been great and is going to make me a tune that cuts down the fuel until 1500 rpm for now and when the turbo is done then hopfully I can run the normal tunes again. Just sucks you buy a $68000.00 truck and ford wont do anything but say that its normal!!!!! Cant wait for the new turbo, maybe even compound
ya H&S rocks. that does sound like a deffinate turbo issue then.whether it be waste gate or the vgt control get the dealer to fix it under warranty. no reason for the vanes to lock up and not throw a code.
im still waiting on the industrial injection turbo set up. . but this factory turbo is starting to make noises hahaha i may have worked it to hard
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

Something's definitely wrong with your turbo. I run H&S hot tune all day as well and only get smoke when I want it.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:13 PM

I'm just waiting on hs to make me a tune to defueling until 1500 rpm. And to the trash can with the stock Turbo and in with the power Max Turbo. Then we shall see what's what. Also going to get it custom tuned after the power Max is on. Then maybe fuel system, injectors, and compounds!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

I would probably get your stock turbo looked at first before you throw it out. You're the only one having these troubles running these tunes that we know of. The stock turbo is good for 500hp.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 AM

This truck has done this from day one. All stock the truck had 30 plus seconds of Turbo lag and was back to the dealer 2 times for this problem and they said that's the way its suposed to be. Why should I waste my time returning the truck to stock for the same answer from Ford. Have called dealer and Ford corporate about the problem and both gave me same answer " its fine ". I'm done wasting time to get nowhere. Love the truck, can't wait till its running right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.