Warranty Question W/ Tuner Installed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 11:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warranty Question W/ Tuner Installed

I just installed a Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Down-Pipe Back 4" Exhaust System, AFE Intake, and the 200hp WarHammer Race Tune on my new truck. I'm absolutely thrilled with the set up but since it rained here for the first time in several months I find I have a problem with one of the windshield wipers. Since the truck is in warranty, I'm going to take it to a Ford Dealer and am wondering when they see the mods if they will notify ford and void the warranty.
Also, what should I do other than unplug and remove the console before taking it in?

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by MJZ; 10-18-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJZ View Post
I just installed a Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, AFE Down-Pipe Back 4" Exhaust System, AFE Intake, and the 200hp WarHammer Race Tune on my new truck. I'm absolutely thrilled with the set up but since it rained here for the first time in several months I find I have a problem with one of the windshield wipers. Since the truck is in warranty, I'm going to take it to a Ford Dealer and am wondering when they see the mods if they will notify ford and void the warranty.
Also, what should I do other than unplug and remove the console before taking it in?

Thanks,
Mark
That all depends on how much of a gambler you are. I always put my truck fully back to stock. The sound of the exhaust alone is a dead give away, so just pulling the tuner out really doesn't help much.
Some dealerships don't care along as the warranty work is completely unrelated to the mode. But you never know.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App
Old 10-18-2011, 12:29 PM

When is comes to gambling on the warranty on a 25K motor, I'm not that crazy. But the thought of wrestling with that ginormous OEM exhaust crap again makes me a bit more of a gambler. If it was like my 08 F-250, wouldn't be a problem but this 2011 set up seems to have been designed by NASA.
I might just ask the service writer what they would do when they discover mods such as these and if I don't like the answer, try another Ford dealer.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Best bet is to ask the service writer, my local one will allow all warranty work as long as its not engine related now that I have my tuner in.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If your just taking it in for the wipers why put it back to stock! Just take it in . Everyone is so parinoid of warrantee . There not fixin a turbo or whatever , its wipers . An there not going to search your truck for aftermarket stuff when there doing wipers.

Here's what will happen , take it in, they will look at the wipers . Fix them and you go home . They won't say oh hey there's a tuner in the window we can't warrantee the wipers. If you blow engine stuff up. Ok ya . But in reality don't worry
Old 10-19-2011, 10:03 AM

Yea i would say fork it and just take the durn truck in!

sounds like your just worried about a whistle Blower if they see your mods,I understand that but i wouldn't worry so much about what Could Happen....If you keep doing that to yourself it will take the fun out of owning the truck to start with...

Fork Em

I will Tell you Right now IF this motor fails me i will drop a Cummins In it and Keep on Truckin!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 AM

mods have to cause failure to void warrenty
Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Exactly !! They have to prove that any mods do e were the cause of whatever failure occurred .
Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 PM

i would either return it complety to stock or just go buy a wiper i would not chance it
Old 10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

I personally would not take it in tuned for an oil change. It is just not worth the hassle should you have an issue later on and some service writer remember your truck and that it was modded. I can tell you this if that happened, you will be on the short end of the stick fighting to get it covered. I don't want my truck sitting at the dealer while we fight it out. That being said if my modding my truck caused the failure then I would man up and pay for the repairs. There is no disguising these truck when they are tuned, they found like a giant hair dryer. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.