H&S Mini Maxx Tune Why only seeing 23lbs? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Mini Maxx Tune Why only seeing 23lbs?

I have a 2011 F250 6.7 and my software was until tonight(hasn't been installed on the truck yet) SW6.7.13, but have updated it to 6.7.15.

I read in several threads people are seeing 30+lbs. I wasn't that impressed with the tune from the beginning and after a day or two I noticed the tune is only putting out 23lbs, which may even be what stock was doing. It was hard to see boost with the small analog gauge on the dash. Maybe I don't even have a tune installed?

BTW Should I have a power wire going into the fuse box? I don't understand what that would do more for me over the OBDII powering the tuner.

Also, my Pyro reads around 165 when on the road. Did the shop not hook a probe up correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is this DPF on or DPF off tuning?
That power wire i have tied into my #3 upfitter switch so my H&S turns off with the truck.
For the pyro, that seems quite low to me, but i have no installed my pyro yet.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:05 PM

DPF present
Old 10-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My pyro 1 reads around 200-300 I believe. It is usually higher right after startup then cools off a bit after driving. My pyro 2 however can be anywhere from 350 to around 800. I am using factory ford sensors dpf present.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 10-17-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGold View Post
I have a 2011 F250 6.7 and my software was until tonight(hasn't been installed on the truck yet) SW6.7.13, but have updated it to 6.7.15.

I read in several threads people are seeing 30+lbs. I wasn't that impressed with the tune from the beginning and after a day or two I noticed the tune is only putting out 23lbs, which may even be what stock was doing. It was hard to see boost with the small analog gauge on the dash. Maybe I don't even have a tune installed?

BTW Should I have a power wire going into the fuse box? I don't understand what that would do more for me over the OBDII powering the tuner.

Also, my Pyro reads around 165 when on the road. Did the shop not hook a probe up correctly?
That's unusual, should be higher. Is that what it shows for your recorded peak?
I just use the OBDII plug with the cable ran inside the dash.
As for egt's, idle I see 260-280 and highway is around 550-650 but at full throttle it will go too 13-1400*F best place to monitor is the H&S egt kit. But your set up on the wrong pyro that's why your not seeing proper temps.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 AM

I just updated the software to the latest 6.7.15 and it does boost more, I'm seeing a peak of 26psi. I need to get on the freeway and stretch it's legs and see if it reads any higher.

This also may be a function of the atmospheric conditions down here in muggy Houston. We will see cold temps on Wednesday so maybe I'll see a constant 30psi then.

This software is very ambiguous. I came from the Porsche Turbo world where the information on the tune are all over the internet. One tune may be based on timing and another may get its power from boost. There is ZERO information on how these tunes operate or what kind of boost you should be seeing and even more unimpressive is the lack of checking for lean conditions. I'm not sure if it's cause a diesel is less affected by lean conditions because of the way they operate but if its like i suspect it would be almost a necessity to see how lean the engine is running with the new tunes, or if injector duty cycle is maxed out or what.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 AM

They won't build boost unless you load it
Old 10-17-2011, 09:19 AM

And lean or rich has nothing to do with the way a diesel opperates. I understand what you are aying as I had an Evo with a built 2.3 and a Magnum SRT-8 that was built, but a diesel controls the power through fuel, not air. That is a very basic statement, but there is a very basic difference. Actually, if a diesel is running rich i.e. stuck injector then that is BAD. Lean = safe with a diesel, rich = bad. Exact opposite of gas.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Very true. I guess I should have said I'm running out of fuel haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.