6.7 delete question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 delete question

I am pretty familiar with doing a DPF delete on a 6.4, but I looked at the exhaust on my 6.7 and not sure I Would want to tackle that. What is like and what is involved in doing a delete on these 6.7's? What is that round canister right before the tips on the exhaust?

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

its just as easy as the 6.4's.
the round cans are harmonic dampers
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
its just as easy as the 6.4's.
the round cans are harmonic dampers
I took a peek under there and it looked like they had shoved more crap underneath and added another section with bolts and flanges. I have all my exhaust from my 6.4. Think it will work on a 6.7?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Removing the Exhaust on a 6.7 to put a straight pipe on is pretty easy! A buddy and I did mine in his garage in about 2 hours or so. The best way to tackle it is to dis connect the flange from the down pipe to the DPF/CAT/SCR, then remove the piece just behind that that connects all that junk to the actual tail pipe. From there, its just a matter of un-hooking sensors, and removing hangers. I wish I had known this helpful bit before I started mine, but as far as removing the hangers goes, just un-bolt them from the frame/body and drop the whole piece as one, you'll want to use a floor jack and a friend, as the DPF/CAT/SCR is HEAVY! Then just take the couple of hangers you need off all that and re-install them to hang your straight pipe.. I took the time to pry all the rubbers loose rather than just unbolting everything, which took for ever. The only bad part is, all the connectors are different types of plugs, and if you had your truck undercoated, they're a ***** to get apart. There is one plug that is attached to the exhaust hanger itself, I broke that plug, so be careful. Otherwise its pretty straight forward and easy!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye Diesel View Post
Removing the Exhaust on a 6.7 to put a straight pipe on is pretty easy! A buddy and I did mine in his garage in about 2 hours or so. The best way to tackle it is to dis connect the flange from the down pipe to the DPF/CAT/SCR, then remove the piece just behind that that connects all that junk to the actual tail pipe. From there, its just a matter of un-hooking sensors, and removing hangers. I wish I had known this helpful bit before I started mine, but as far as removing the hangers goes, just un-bolt them from the frame/body and drop the whole piece as one, you'll want to use a floor jack and a friend, as the DPF/CAT/SCR is HEAVY! Then just take the couple of hangers you need off all that and re-install them to hang your straight pipe.. I took the time to pry all the rubbers loose rather than just unbolting everything, which took for ever. The only bad part is, all the connectors are different types of plugs, and if you had your truck undercoated, they're a ***** to get apart. There is one plug that is attached to the exhaust hanger itself, I broke that plug, so be careful. Otherwise its pretty straight forward and easy!
Thanks for the info. I swore I wouldn't tune this truck until the warranty was out. Not so sure I can hold out that long lol. I sold my tuner so it will definitely be a while before I start down that road again. Truck is pretty impressive stock.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM

I swore up and down I wouldn't tune mine either, but a buddy of mine with a 6.4 thats H&S tuned was showing off and that pretty much made my decision right there! I loved the truck stock, I loved the truck with the mini and the DPF On tunes, and I love the truck now with the DPF Delete tunes..
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 AM

As previously stated, the install is pretty straight forward and not much more difficult than a 6.4L. It can be handled by the average do-it-yourselfer in a few hours time, tops.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Was there any MPG gains doing the tune and delete? Just asking because it seems like the 6.7 are getting respectable fuel millage from factor. Thanks
Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls4wd View Post
Was there any MPG gains doing the tune and delete? Just asking because it seems like the 6.7 are getting respectable fuel millage from factor. Thanks
Toates...very Respectable MPG stock. this is One reason I'm staying stock till I can do more research.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM

my MPG averaged between 15 and 16 mpg a tank, with mostly in-town stop and go driving and usually 2 re gens per 26 gallons of Diesel, and on the open highway full trips, I averaged 18 w/1 regen per 26 gallons of diesel. Since the Delete, I am averaging 18 mpg per tank with mostly stop and go driving, and on the few small trips I've taken to Iowa City I get a little over 20 mpg.. all this is Hand Calculated.
I will be driving 1100 miles to Austin Texas this week, so I will be sure to watch my MPG per tank on the way there and on the way back, and will re-post next Monday when I get back to Iowa.

Also, these numbers are all based on keeping my tuner on set on "WILD" when the DPF was on, and also now that the DPF is deleted...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.