Stacks and cold air intake on new 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stacks and cold air intake on new 6.7

Hello to all new to this site, been a dodge man all my life but no dealers close to where i live now and i hace alway had stacks and cold air intakes on my truck. I was wondering if i just put stacks from the exhaust filter back and add a cold air intake will i need to reprogram the truck never had to with my dodges just need to know, Any tried the silver line Black chrome satcks as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if you don't delete the DPF or any emissions stuff then you don't need a tuner. CAI is also fine without a tuner
Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info, Whats funny we got the same truck lol, got mine last time home Raelly like it but miss my other dodge i traded in it was payied for lol, still got the 97 though it my toy I lessoned to ya youtube and that thing sounds awsome but i dont want mine that loud just miss my stacks i started it wher i live and every one been getting them since lol
Old 08-30-2011, 05:23 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
sadly its never gonna have any sound like the cummins. which sucks but
just so you know, if you put stacks from the dpf back and not delete the dpf the will really be no change in sound. it would be purely for looks. the intake may help a little, im not 100% sure. Good luck with your truck, it sounds like you picked a hell of a ford, i havent got to tow with the new truck but i have heard its nice.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah ya right but i can always ride in the ole 97 dodge and lesson to the sweet sound, lol. I know it want sound different but it look like all my others and that's what im know for is the stacks lol. Think gonna try the silver line black stainless 5 " turn outs maybe. and a S&B intake.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

oh hows the 6.0 holding up they had lot of problems around where I live, oh Pulled my goose neck and 70 horse tractor had no problems and that be the biggest thing it ever pulls as i figure
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yeah that sounds like a good setup, then maybe down the road and ya want to tune it all ya need is the delete pipe and tuner and u will have stacks and intake.

love my 6.0. wish i had the money to keep upgrading but just slowly doing things as i get the money. both of our 6.0s are holding up great. we take very good care of them so that we dont have the bad eggs. i love the 6.0 whistle
Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 AM

Just a thought. If you don't do a dpf delete then when it rains and water gets in the stacks it will destroy the filter inside wouldn't it?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlee0034 View Post
Just a thought. If you don't do a dpf delete then when it rains and water gets in the stacks it will destroy the filter inside wouldn't it?
nope.
if that was the case then why do they spray DEF fluid into the exhaust? plus water vapour is always present in the exhaust .

And DTP, your posts are some of THE hardest to read. just saying
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM

Best bang for the buck is going to be S&B cold air intake kit. No one to my knowledge makes a direct fit bed pipe kit for the 2011 but I would assume the 08-10 6.4L should be pretty close to working. We like the MBRP black stacks because of there powder coated finish, however I am sure the Silverline would look great as well. Let us know if we can help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.