Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

H&S 6.7.11 update

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  grmreaper 
#1 ·
:dunno: Hey guys, Have you noticed that the new update is not putting as much boost or power out as the last one? I was getting like 33 psi of boost before now it's only like 30 psi. I don't think it's just that though it also must be some other settings. My truck doesn't smoke as much as before either ( not that it bothers me) but less fuel also means less power no? The transmission tuning on the new update is also not as good at putting the power to the road as before it doesnt shift as good IMO. The turbo surging thing seemed to be fixed at first but now it's back!! I think I would rather have the 6.7.10 back with the feel of the way my truck was before than have a update that seems to go backwards in performance!! What do you think? Let's here it and maybe it will get worked on and fixed sooner than later!! Cheers. BTW I did love my H&S Minni Maxx before all this.

#2 ·
The 6.7.11 tuning is nearly identical to the 6.7.10.

1. The trans tuning is identical, no changes were made.
2. Turbo boost is a sign of restriction and not power, exhaust restriction levels were lowered and thus you may see slightly lower boost levels. This is safer on the turbo, and can actually create more power under the correct circumstances.
3. Fueling is identical between 6.7.10 and 6.7.11. Only turbine back pressure changes were made to the tuning, nothing with fueling.
4. If you are still experiencing some turbo "huff", please let me know. I would like to know what gear you are in, RPM, and boost levels. We will incorporate some changes into the next software update to remedy it. Thanks!

#3 ·
Speaking of the .11 update. Whats the performance software? That it says in the update log.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.