My new TORQ2 having problems!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new TORQ2 having problems!?

I recieved my new torq2 yesterday. Man, I was pumped up. So much that I couldnt wait for my engine to cool before installing (not a good idea). Anyways, I got it installed. No problem. Turned the knob clockwise to the highest setting and took it for a spin. I could feel the power increase as soon as I gave it gas. I cruised around not getting on it, but could still feel its added power. Today, i actually took it out and drove around town. I gave it full throttle from about 20 MPH felt good until 40 MPH then it kinda stumbled but recovered. Then when I got to 60 MPH it just fell on its face, a complete loss of power and never recovered power. I would just have to let out of the gas. Tried it a few more times with the exact same results. So, I adjusted the knob to the lowest setting, then it ran fine, flooring it well past 60 were it was falling on its face before. I kept adjusting the knob up with no problems until I would adjust it anywhere past half way on the knob and it would start doing the same thing, complete loss of power at 60 MPH. Man, this sucks!!!!

Has anyone running the TORQ2 had a similar issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do you have any gauges? It could be that maybe your EGT's are getting too high. But if you don't have gauges it's kind of hard to tell.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

It's just the TCM doing it's job. Mine does the same thing. The TCM is told only to allow a certain amount of torque and HP into the tranny before limiting it. This is the exact thing that the tuner companies were having so much trouble bypassing when the engine first came out. I've just been staying out of the pedal when the RPMs are nearing the top of gears 1-4. It doesn't seem to have any problem at full throttle in 5th or 6th. One thing; when and if you tow anything, make sure to turn it all the way down. It really stall out a lot when you're towing on full power.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Whats the point of having a power adder that you have to stay out of the throttle at certain rpm's. I hope thats not the answer!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Premium Member

That is the answer. It's also in the installation manual that came with the Torq2 (first page). I didn't buy it for the power, it's already got plenty of that, I bought it for potential MPG increase.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Mine does it too. It is pretty aggravating. It always does it during a shift and if you don't let out of the pedal when it does it, the tranny will never go ahead and shift. It doesn't do it all the time though. You never know if you should pull out in front of traffic or not because it might fall on its face going into 2nd gear. I wonder if the MP8 has the same symptoms?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Same issues happened with mine. Did it multiple times when turning off of a main highway onto a secondary. Would shift 3 to 4th and then it would have no power. Then the transmission would jump to 5th. No power again when stepping on the accelerator then it shifted to 6th and no power again. I had to put it in M and drop it back to 3 to get going again. Terrible issue when on a highway. Also my Torq2 didn't come with a manual just the unit and wiring in a box. Not very impressed with it at all. And ever since ive takin it out Ive had basically no tranny issues
Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 AM

Well today I was driving down the tollway feeder at a constant 45 MPH and it just started stumbling. I had to slow down to about 15 MPH before I could get it to re-gain power. Then I catch a red light. When I take off, I get to about 10MPH and it loses complete power and never would re-gain it. I had to pull over on the tollway feeder and open my hood and turn the knob all the way down, just so I could continue to drive home. Not good saying that the speed limit was 55 and everyone was flying past me and honking and there's no shoulder on that road.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

subscribed
Old 07-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Premium Member

It sounds like you guys are having a lot more trouble with yours than I am with mine. Have you opened the box up to turn the dip switches down. There's three switches inside that sequentially turn the power down. With them all off it's at a stock setting. The manual says that if you're having problems try flipping the switches progressively lower until you have no more problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.