H&S Mini Maxx + DPF Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Mini Maxx + DPF Delete

Been running my H&S for a while, finally got around to doing the DPF delete.

Hoooooooooooly crud. It's like a brand new truck.

Just a few questions, has anyone gotten flack from a LEO for spewing soot? I live in Alberta if it makes any difference.

Since this is my first Diesel, I'm almost finished with the phase where it's fun to belch smoke. I'm also considering either getting my exhaust tip rotated down or going for stacks so people can't ***** too much.

Also, has anyone had an issue with their H&S and the tranny tune where it seems to slip out of gear? Had it happen once going downhill merging onto the freeway. Hit 80'ish kph and then the engine just free rev'd. Took my foot off the gas, made sure it was still in D, and applied gas again.

I was in RWD at the time running in mild mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I highly doubt there's any issues belchin smoke in Alberta. I live in central Alberta and with my 6.0 I had I could puke clouds the size on small buildings and I never once was bothered. The tranny slipping is an issue ive had when I was running the Torq2 rail pressure box. Don't know why it acts goofy like that. I do know if u unhook both batteries for awhile and then hookem back up the tranny will relearn. Don't know if that'll help
Old 07-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Doing an ECU reset now, We'll see what happens.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM

ive been running it since the day H&S came out and no problems so far,

P.S- stacks sound awesome
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What Did NADP charge you for your stacks? They look like a pretty good shop and it's where I grabbed my exhaust and tuner from. Also thinking about getting power steps through them as well.

Only thing holding me back from grabbing stacks is I bent my box, so no sense in doing anything like stacks until I get my box replaced.

Since the ECU reset I haven't driven the truck much, so not sure if my tranny slip is gone yet or not.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I havent gotten any flac driving up here in northern bc or anywhere in alberta about the smoke.I do lay off the throttle when I see the police. lol. I dont know if it is the same slip I have.
On first start up, i get a 2-3 shift flare, takes 2-3 seconds to engage 3rd, fine when your driving lightly but not when your heavy footed like I am and have the stereo too loud to notice the flare and seeing 3500-4000rpm and hoping it doesnt trip my positive air shut-off. For me its only on first run through the gears, if I dont shut the truck off it wont happen again. I run the tuner on HOT all day long.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Hoser View Post
What Did NADP charge you for your stacks? They look like a pretty good shop and it's where I grabbed my exhaust and tuner from. Also thinking about getting power steps through them as well.

Only thing holding me back from grabbing stacks is I bent my box, so no sense in doing anything like stacks until I get my box replaced.

Since the ECU reset I haven't driven the truck much, so not sure if my tranny slip is gone yet or not.
i dont remember. somwhere around 3000 for chip, exhaust and labour i think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.