Spartan Tuning goes 14.04, 96MPH 1/4 Mile - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 479
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan Tuning goes 14.04, 96MPH 1/4 Mile

We had our crew cab 2011 6.7 truck at Atlanta Dragway on Friday night for Test & Tune, trying our 200HP "WarHammer" Race file for the first time in the quarter mile.

Our quickest pass of the night was a 14.04, even with poor 1.8 and 1.9 60 ft times due to my worn and beaten tires Couldn't really get the truck to hook well due to wheel spin, but we were VERY happy with the fastest trap speed at ~96MPH. The tune is really putting some good power to the wheels, especially from the 1/8th to 1/4 mile.

With some fresh tires going on this week, I have no doubt we will be able to head back to the track this Friday to break into the 13's. With the instant fueling and torque off the line with the new 200HP file, traction is a must

I'll be posting the videos and timeslips up ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,359
Thanks: 23
Thanked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
nice... glad to see another manufacturer in the race... cant wait to see the videos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Other than the tune, was the truck completely stock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Member
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
seems a bit slow for a 200hp tune, 1.8 and 1.9 60's are actually pretty good for that truck i woudlnt expect much better out of it in the 60'

ive seen quite a few trucks running mid 14's@ 92-95mph with dpf and 80ish hp tune, and that was even at 5000 ft of elevation

Id think with 200hp tune truck should at least be doing 13.50's or so at closer to 100
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Retired

 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Retired'ville
Posts: 596
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe with better tires...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Let's Run'em


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 17,652
Thanks: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech View Post
Our quickest pass of the night was a 14.04, even with poor 1.8 and 1.9 60 ft times due to my worn and beaten tires.
Your truck rockin "worn and beaten tires"......nooooooo



but seriously, great to hear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 418
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ya'll are getting close to us 6.0L 410 rwhp 13.5 second trucks lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,720
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshowdawg View Post
Ya'll are getting close to us 6.0L 410 rwhp 13.5 second trucks lol
Not trying to be a dick, but since when did 410 horsepower 6.0's run 13.5's? That would be one light truck. 13.5 is what a 250 horsepower (510-520 RWHP) tuned CC/SB 6.4's do in the 1/4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Member
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech View Post
We had our crew cab 2011 6.7 truck at Atlanta Dragway on Friday night for Test & Tune, trying our 200HP "WarHammer" Race file for the first time in the quarter mile.

Our quickest pass of the night was a 14.04, even with poor 1.8 and 1.9 60 ft times due to my worn and beaten tires Couldn't really get the truck to hook well due to wheel spin, but we were VERY happy with the fastest trap speed at ~96MPH. The tune is really putting some good power to the wheels, especially from the 1/8th to 1/4 mile.

With some fresh tires going on this week, I have no doubt we will be able to head back to the track this Friday to break into the 13's. With the instant fueling and torque off the line with the new 200HP file, traction is a must

I'll be posting the videos and timeslips up ASAP.
what kind of tork numbers? i got a sct x file that did not work that great with a 60 foot of 2.6 went 15.3 at 90 mph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Hooked on the POWER...
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 729
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Not trying to be a dick, but since when did 410 horsepower 6.0's run 13.5's? That would be one light truck. 13.5 is what a 250 horsepower (510-520 RWHP) tuned CC/SB 6.4's do in the 1/4.
What are they running with yalls 310 and 350?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors