Just ordered a Volant intake - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just ordered a Volant intake

Can't wait to get the volant intake on. Anyone here have one yet! I really like how simple it looks. Seem easy to install/remove. I also like the fact that it removes the intake silencer unlike the Banks kit. I NEED SOME NOISE!!! haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My intake is shipping today!!! Should get it the day before my birthday... Thats a good present to myself.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 AM

Nice! Always liked the Volant intakes - usually very good quality. Checked their site and no info on the 2011 yet. Are they actually available to everyone? And what in the "claimed" improvements. Thanks for any info, Cheers!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I ordered mine from XDP. You can see a pic there. Not sure why Volant doesn't list it on their site yet... The conical filter if of the open type. It only has a small plastic piece the appears to be a radiant heat shield or a battery acid spatter guard. I don't see the need for my filter to be enclosed as it's location is far from a heat source(reverse flow heads). Plus the grille pulls plenty of fresh air while on the move. My only concern is rain and snow with this style. I will be getting the hose out today to see if I can get any water in there.
I really like the open design because I believe it will sound the best(loudest). Haha!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 AM

ok, thanks. Keep us in the loop on how everything goes. Cheers.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Intake comes in Tuesday! Can't wait to hear her breath!
Will let you all know how it goes...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I received my intake today. I started the install and noticed that divider that separates the pre-filter from the filter on the OEM lower air box hits the volant filter. So I removed the filter but left the intake tube attached to see if the hood would close. It did not close... It almost looks as though they want the hood to hold it in place. I'm not cool with that... Cold be related to build tolerances on Ford that they didn't account for. I also didn't like the way the coolant hoses that were attached to the factory intake were left to flop around. I made a quick fix, but still $5 of plastic where the factory silencer mounted would have made a huge difference.
I their defense I did contact them and was told I might be missing a rubber part and they would mail it tomorrow plus their designer is supposed to call me tomorrow.
I hope it was just me and all my probs get solved tomorrow.
All in all I do like the kit if it fits right. And the sound is nice to me. It's more throaty, almost like a gasser at low rpm. Above 1700 RPM I feel the sound is about the same as stock. The turbo is not any louder. Turbos that small don't make a lot of sound. DPF deletes is where the sounds are. IMO...
Seat of the pants... I want to say from a dead stop through 1500RPMs under part throttle felt smoother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.