H+S 6.7 EGT probe mounting solution, EGR delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H+S 6.7 EGT probe mounting solution, EGR delete

We have finished production and began shipping EGR block off plates for the 6.7 engines. Installation is very simple, bolt on install using all factory hardware. No drilling or modifications needed, and work should take less than 30 minutes to complete. These plates allow you to install a EGT probe 1/8 NPT into the exhaust manifold without drilling.
Attached Thumbnails
H+S 6.7 EGT probe mounting solution, EGR delete-dsc02577.jpg   H+S 6.7 EGT probe mounting solution, EGR delete-dsc02579.jpg   H+S 6.7 EGT probe mounting solution, EGR delete-dsc02583.jpg   H+S 6.7 EGT probe mounting solution, EGR delete-dsc02582.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM

How much? I would like to order one.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What about drive pressures? Do these things wastegate through the EGR like the 6.4? Just wondering if any damage could occur?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStrokin View Post
What about drive pressures? Do these things wastegate through the EGR like the 6.4? Just wondering if any damage could occur?
That would be a question for H+S as the EGR function is turned off in the tuning already, so the plates don't affect that at all. These power levels are fairly low right now so I wouldn't think it would be an issue. The plate on the manifold sure gives us a great location to test drive pressure if it was a concern. If these 6.7 prove to be as durable as the 6.4's, drive pressure only really became an issue as the tuning/hp increased in 275 hp + tunes.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroker67 View Post
That would be a question for H+S as the EGR function is turned off in the tuning already, so the plates don't affect that at all. These power levels are fairly low right now so I wouldn't think it would be an issue. The plate on the manifold sure gives us a great location to test drive pressure if it was a concern. If these 6.7 prove to be as durable as the 6.4's, drive pressure only really became an issue as the tuning/hp increased in 275 hp + tunes.

He is correct. Drive pressure is not much of an issue yet, and I doubt it will be for quite some time. We will try to incorporate a few new PIDs to monitor, including drive pressure, on the BM and MM units. This may be some time down the road, but is for sure on our list of things to get tackled.

Bentley
Old 12-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sweet, probably wouldn't go much more than the 150 tune anyways. The egr block off plates look really easy as everything is on top of the motor vs. behind the drivers side wheel on the 6.4. Hats off!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:19 PM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

So there is a good use for the EGR
Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am new to the diesel world what does this or help
Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is the EGR system in the new engine as detrimental as in the old, and for that matter it was bad in Ford or GM.

I ran 50K miles in my GMC before I had an EGR issue, fixed under warranty after a fight. Then I blocked it off and added a Kennedy Diesel finger stick (stops codes).

Is this “kit" going to be similar?

Will it save me from EGR problems down the road?

Will it cause the PCM to throw codes?

As of now I don’t plan on doing any tuners or HP upgrades. But if this kit was beneficial to engine life and could be prevented from interfering with the PCM I would really be interested.

Where in the system is the EGT probe reading then? Pre or post turbo? EGT gauge is something I would like to add.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It is more of a EGT probe mounting solution as of now, but does remove any possiblity of a failed EGR cooler filling the engine with coolant. It reads PRE turbo EGT in the right side exhaust manifold by hanging the EGT probe into the manifold just forward of centered. It will also reduce the EGR/ intake charger cooler water temps by keep exhaust away from the EGR coolers. This will reduce intake charge temps by not using exhaust to heat the water. These 6.7 trucks have 2 cooling systems function under the hood. One cools the engine as a traditional system and the second cools intake air side of the engine which includes the water to air intercooler and the EGR system. As far as setting codes, yes a stock truck or even truck programmed which the EGR still function will set codes and cause problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.