Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

When I arrived home tonight I found......

6K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  racerV 
#1 ·
my Bully Dog GT, sitting there at the back door! Going to install it now. I'll let you all know how it goes.

#4 ·
Ok I'm back. First thing I did was update the tuner as suggested, and Joe it was still updating when you posted. lol. Update was a little slow I thought. Got the wires ran and installed where I wanted, then started the download. Downloaded about 10 minutes then a message popped up and asked "Do you want to remove the speed limiter?" Dumb question, YES!!!!!! Then about 10 more minutes of downloading, and it was finished. Turned the key, started!! No lights or buzzers everything went great.

Pulled out on the highway nailed it got up to 105 mph. Speed limiter gone.....check!

Messed with the power settings, you can tell a difference when you bump up the power. This is the first Bully Dog I've had since 08, last was 'on an 05 F-350 6.0. Big difference in the 2 units, I was expecting the Butt Dyno to be close to 6.0 gains but it didn't feel like it. The power gain reminded me of the 40-60 hp tune from Spartan for the 6.4.

Transmission seemed to be shifting alright. While I was driving around a parking lot at slow speed, seemed to the lug back like it did before the Ford reflash. Only played with it for about 20 miles tonight, mostly in town. Going to make a little road trip tomorrow so we'll see how she dues.

Oh yeah some Hillbilly in a old Dudge started blowing some black smoke, had about 40' between him and the car in front, I was in the right lane with cars in front of me, so no race. But I blowed the big train horns and he about $hit, pulled up beside me and blew the pu$$y Dudge horn, gave him another toot toot. Man I love that horn.

#9 ·
did you truck already have the 400 Flash before doing the tuner? One thing is the trucks that dont have the 400 flash will gain a little more being the tuner will install that flash with the download. So trucks that already have the 400 may not "feel" as much gains compared to those who didnt have it

Keep us updated, i also find the more you drive the better the trans feels aswell kinda like the Allison it will relearn. Also kick that traction control off cause that seems to hold truck back a little to

#13 ·
I hit the damn pussy limiter about 5 times today. So no, it doesn't work for me. I was taking curves in it out a country road a few mins ago at around 80. The truck is pretty solid.

#10 ·
off topic, and sorry if this was posted somewhere else already but was there any "actual" hp and tq numbers around for the bullydog on the 6.7?

#16 ·
Pipeliner, what kind of horns do you have?...I've always had Hadley, want to put a set on my F350, just don't know where I'd put the horn assy, tank, and compressor. I've got a sunroof so horn assy on the roof is out of the question.

#17 ·
Pipeliner, How is the truck holding up with the GT Tuner? How many miles so far? Do you notice more regens? Thx.

#22 ·
I didn't run it for very long, I really didn't get to drive it long enough to tell what it was going to do. I switched to the H&S when it came out. Now I'm waiting on the Spartan. I had real good luck with the Spartan on my 6.4. In my opinion you need the transmission tuning to get the best performance and mileage.

I've had real good luck with the H&S, I went to Florida empty at the first of the month, 1100 miles one way. I set the cruise on 78 mph and averaged 17.8 mpg on the way down. My return trip I pulled a 22' flats boat back home with gear and trailer probably weighs close to 3000-3500 lbs. I averaged 12.7 mpg running 78 mph.

#19 ·
I hadn't thought about Tuners working like that :~(

So If you Install a Tuner ,You can subtract 10 HP from what ever the HP is the tuner is supposed to have,Cause when Down loading it will go back to the factory 390 HP setting before it adds the new power level...

Guess i learned something today :~) Thank God its only 10 HP we are talking about!

#21 ·
Bump.
Pipeliner, How is the truck holding up with the GT Tuner? How many miles so far? Do you notice more regens? Thx.

#23 ·
Pipeliner, Are you using the H&S dpf on tunes? If so what is the regen frequency? Also, has H&S come out with the tranny tune yet? Thx.

#25 ·
Pipeliner, Thanks for your help. I've spent so much money on this truck so far, I might as well get the H&S tuner. That way if the dpf gives me trouble I can always do a delete and use the dpf off tunes. Where did you buy yours? Thx.

#26 ·
I bought it online from Rollin Smoke. They are a powerstroke.org sponsor. Very professional and quick shipments! Highly recommend them!!

You may want to wait on the Spartan to come out. I have heard they are shipping orders but haven't read anything on their website.

#27 ·
Pipeliner, Sounds like H&S has trans tuning now!! Another question. Are you able to read off the factory pyro's? Thx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.