Which programmer to get? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 07:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which programmer to get?

I am planning on getting a programmer for my 6.7 as soon as one becomes available. I have been reading and I have called a few places (Spartan, HS, KEM) and talked a little about what they are working on. My question is, which one do you think will make the most hp? Should I get the mini maxx at the end of this month if it comes out or wait around on Spartan? I know the first tunes wont be race tunes. Just looking for an opinion. I do plan on ditching the stock exhaust and yes I know it voids my warranty and I am ok with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbanshee View Post
I am planning on getting a programmer for my 6.7 as soon as one becomes available. I have been reading and I have called a few places (Spartan, HS, KEM) and talked a little about what they are working on. My question is, which one do you think will make the most hp? Should I get the mini maxx at the end of this month if it comes out or wait around on Spartan? I know the first tunes wont be race tunes. Just looking for an opinion. I do plan on ditching the stock exhaust and yes I know it voids my warranty and I am ok with that.
spartan has been the leader for a long time and focus primarily on fords , i had it on my o8 and loved it and the service, id say wait for the best, you wont regret anything then
Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 AM

H&S will be the way to go. Just have to wait for production.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:15 PM

i would have to say spartan and h@s are both good but spartan is the best out there for ford
Old 10-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Can't really give you any recomendations until someone actually comes out with a tuner.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 AM

I had Spartan on my 2008 and it was great. I like the way the DashDaq works. Also, I like how you can actually talk to the guy who builds the program instead of a salesman.

I am sure they are all great products. I will just stick with what I know best lol!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
spartan has been the leader for a long time and focus primarily on fords , i had it on my o8 and loved it and the service, id say wait for the best, you wont regret anything then
Spartan is a relatively new company, so to say they have been the leader for a long time is incorrect. And on what criteria are you basing your judgment that they are the "best"? Power, ET's, Drivability, price, etc...? Both Spartan and H&S make a great product and to make a blanket statement that either of them is the "best" would be inaccurate. And at the moment neither of them have released a product for the 6.7, but at least we know H&S has the ability to tune them. People are also stating that Spartan only tunes Fords, and while that might be true, it doesn't make their product any better than H&S. In the Cummins world MADS electronics (Smarty) only works on that platform, yet a lot of people like the H&S product better.

To the OP, your best bet is to research as much as you can because people on this forum are very biased toward whatever they own. Spartan guys will tell you buy Spartan and H&S guys will tell you to buy H&S 9 times out of 10.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnitch View Post
Spartan is a relatively new company, so to say they have been the leader for a long time is incorrect. And on what criteria are you basing your judgment that they are the "best"? Power, ET's, Drivability, price, etc...? Both Spartan and H&S make a great product and to make a blanket statement that either of them is the "best" would be inaccurate. And at the moment neither of them have released a product for the 6.7, but at least we know H&S has the ability to tune them. People are also stating that Spartan only tunes Fords, and while that might be true, it doesn't make their product any better than H&S. In the Cummins world MADS electronics (Smarty) only works on that platform, yet a lot of people like the H&S product better.

To the OP, your best bet is to research as much as you can because people on this forum are very biased toward whatever they own. Spartan guys will tell you buy Spartan and H&S guys will tell you to buy H&S 9 times out of 10.

Well said. It really comes down to what you personnally want out of a tuner.

Some people may just want a basic Superchip to change shift points and adjust for tire size.

Others may want to blow black smoke all over the drag strip at a 130 mph. To each their own.

If any of the companies sucked they probably would not still be doing any business.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Retired

The Spartan sounds interesting. Any idea of dates?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 AM

i was speaking from person opinion and experiences, last time i checked we were still free too do that . you are correct there are several other companies and im sure they are great too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.