Which programmer to get? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which programmer to get?

I am planning on getting a programmer for my 6.7 as soon as one becomes available. I have been reading and I have called a few places (Spartan, HS, KEM) and talked a little about what they are working on. My question is, which one do you think will make the most hp? Should I get the mini maxx at the end of this month if it comes out or wait around on Spartan? I know the first tunes wont be race tunes. Just looking for an opinion. I do plan on ditching the stock exhaust and yes I know it voids my warranty and I am ok with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,404
Thanks: 3
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbanshee View Post
I am planning on getting a programmer for my 6.7 as soon as one becomes available. I have been reading and I have called a few places (Spartan, HS, KEM) and talked a little about what they are working on. My question is, which one do you think will make the most hp? Should I get the mini maxx at the end of this month if it comes out or wait around on Spartan? I know the first tunes wont be race tunes. Just looking for an opinion. I do plan on ditching the stock exhaust and yes I know it voids my warranty and I am ok with that.
spartan has been the leader for a long time and focus primarily on fords , i had it on my o8 and loved it and the service, id say wait for the best, you wont regret anything then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Katy
Posts: 1,349
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S will be the way to go. Just have to wait for production.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i would have to say spartan and h@s are both good but spartan is the best out there for ford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't really give you any recomendations until someone actually comes out with a tuner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had Spartan on my 2008 and it was great. I like the way the DashDaq works. Also, I like how you can actually talk to the guy who builds the program instead of a salesman.

I am sure they are all great products. I will just stick with what I know best lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
spartan has been the leader for a long time and focus primarily on fords , i had it on my o8 and loved it and the service, id say wait for the best, you wont regret anything then
Spartan is a relatively new company, so to say they have been the leader for a long time is incorrect. And on what criteria are you basing your judgment that they are the "best"? Power, ET's, Drivability, price, etc...? Both Spartan and H&S make a great product and to make a blanket statement that either of them is the "best" would be inaccurate. And at the moment neither of them have released a product for the 6.7, but at least we know H&S has the ability to tune them. People are also stating that Spartan only tunes Fords, and while that might be true, it doesn't make their product any better than H&S. In the Cummins world MADS electronics (Smarty) only works on that platform, yet a lot of people like the H&S product better.

To the OP, your best bet is to research as much as you can because people on this forum are very biased toward whatever they own. Spartan guys will tell you buy Spartan and H&S guys will tell you to buy H&S 9 times out of 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnitch View Post
Spartan is a relatively new company, so to say they have been the leader for a long time is incorrect. And on what criteria are you basing your judgment that they are the "best"? Power, ET's, Drivability, price, etc...? Both Spartan and H&S make a great product and to make a blanket statement that either of them is the "best" would be inaccurate. And at the moment neither of them have released a product for the 6.7, but at least we know H&S has the ability to tune them. People are also stating that Spartan only tunes Fords, and while that might be true, it doesn't make their product any better than H&S. In the Cummins world MADS electronics (Smarty) only works on that platform, yet a lot of people like the H&S product better.

To the OP, your best bet is to research as much as you can because people on this forum are very biased toward whatever they own. Spartan guys will tell you buy Spartan and H&S guys will tell you to buy H&S 9 times out of 10.


Well said. It really comes down to what you personnally want out of a tuner.

Some people may just want a basic Superchip to change shift points and adjust for tire size.

Others may want to blow black smoke all over the drag strip at a 130 mph. To each their own.

If any of the companies sucked they probably would not still be doing any business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 11-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Retired

 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Retired'ville
Posts: 596
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Spartan sounds interesting. Any idea of dates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,404
Thanks: 3
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i was speaking from person opinion and experiences, last time i checked we were still free too do that . you are correct there are several other companies and im sure they are great too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors