More Power? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More Power?

Ford offers to boost horsepower for Super Duty owners - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Simply awsome. This is what make Ford #1. Can't wait for my new HP & TQ.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Where is that for the 6.4?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:19 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
The 2011MY Super Duty is off to a phenomenal start, with total retail sales and market share exceeding objectives. This truck is a homerun! Well, the best heavy-duty truck in the segment is about to get better! We are thrilled to announce performance, fuel economy, and capability enhancements to the new 2011MY Super Duty. These enhancements are a credit to the continuous improvement and testing efforts of our Engineering and Manufacturing teams. We know customers value power, capability, fuel economy and durability, and we moved quickly to bring these enhancements into the market place.

In addition, we are announcing a new, first-ever Customer Satisfaction Program – 10B17 to provide the same horse power, torque and fuel economy upgrades for customers that have already purchased or leased a 2011 Super Duty pickup with the 6.7-liter Power StrokeŽ diesel.

Here are the details:

Performance/Capability Enhancements

The Ford built 6.7-liter Power StrokeŽ V8 turbo diesel, already praised by customers and journalists for its power, quietness, and fuel economy will raise the bar even higher. The result of additional durability and capability testing, the new 6.7L Power StrokeŽ diesel will now be rated at best-in-class 800 lb.-ft. of torque and 400 horsepower, an increase of 65 lb.-ft. of torque and 10 horsepower compared to when the all-new Ford-engineered and Ford-built engine went on sale earlier this year. The 6.7L Power StrokeŽ diesel's best-in-class fuel economy will be improved as well – now 20% better than the outgoing pickup models (vs. 18% at launch). Production at Kentucky Truck Plant with these performance upgrades will begin on August 5th.

Starting with production on August 9th, one of the heavy haulers in the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty lineup – the F-350 Dual Rear Wheel (DRW) - will add vehicle upgrades that will bring maximum payload and maximum fifth-wheel towing to best-in-class levels. Higher-strength steel in the frame will boost the payload and towing ratings as follows:
ˇ F-350 DRW maximum payload to 7,070 pounds, from 6,520 pounds
ˇ F-350 DRW maximum fifth-wheel towing to 22,600 pounds, from 21,600 pounds

Customer Satisfaction Initiative

Super Duty has more loyal owners than any truck in the heavy duty segment and many of these customers have already purchased a new 2011 Super Duty pickup. We understand the importance of these customers! With this in mind, we are pleased to announce we will be offering a first-ever, no-charge horsepower and torque upgrade Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 to all owners that have purchased or leased a new 2011MY Super Duty pickup with the 6.7-liter Power StrokeŽ V8 turbo diesel. Here are some high level details:

SERVICE ACTION: It is anticipated that Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 will be provided to dealers by August 31, 2010, once the IDS service release is available. Dealers will then be able to reprogram the PCM and TCM to the latest calibration.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION: Owners of affected vehicles will be notified approximately one to two weeks after the release of Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17.

OASIS AND FSA VIN LISTS: OASIS will be activated when Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 is released to identify the affected vehicles. FSA VIN Lists will also be available to identify vehicles assigned to individual dealerships. Owner names and addresses will be available after the customer notification.

STOCK VEHICLES: Dealers are strongly encouraged to begin updating their affected in-stock vehicles once Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 is released.
A more detailed communication of Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 will be sent out later this month.

Please note, due to hardware changes, there are no plans to upgrade the payload and towing capability of 2011MY F-350 DRW's already sold to customers or in dealer stock. Only F-350 DRW units built after August 9th will receive this additional capability.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 AM

this is big. imo this is as big to me as if i were a black guy and obama turned president lol. like that is my analogy of explaining how cool this is to me. idc if it can win a 1/4 mile or not god damit fords doing good. btw i dont even know if the word analogy is the right word to use in the sentence before last. ladies and gentleman now all we have to do is sell our kidneys and children to be able to buy one of these trucks lol, and i dont have children so...
Old 08-13-2010, 07:48 AM

They only did this so they could outdo the new Duramax. If Chevy wasn't spouting off about how they have the most powerful Diesel engine, Ford would of never done this.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is why competition and capitalism is good. The Customer benefits by getting better products. Left to the government to run an industry (like what they are attempting with Chrysler, GM, and EPA regulations), we would have the Lada like in the Soviet Union back in the day.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best never Rests
Old 09-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

400 -800 tune is out!

My brother works for a dealership and he got the new 400 - 800 tune in his truck, it runs great and got a second place in last nights street diesel pull.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnitch View Post
They only did this so they could outdo the new Duramax. If Chevy wasn't spouting off about how they have the most powerful Diesel engine, Ford would of never done this.
Even if this is true, great but there were more changes to the powertrain than just HP/torque increases
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.