Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Did I get gypped?!

9K views 73 replies 19 participants last post by  Timbo_Slice 
#1 ·
I ordered a Flo Pro 4" delete (part #857NB) from Amazon. I was wary about ordering from Amazon but it was a good deal AND it was being sold/shipped by a sponsored vendor from this forum (they will remain unnamed for the time being).

Here's the issue: I received the kit and I don't believe it's actually flo pro. Came in a generic box, the piping, hangers, and clamp look different. The instructions have a logo that says "Performance Exhaust" and have two part numbers. There's no mention of the flo pro brand anywhere in the packaging.

I googled the part numbers with and without "Performance Exhaust" in the search, I couldn't find any results relating to the parts I have, OR anew associated brand.

I'm attaching some pics, if the guys who have installed or worked with Flo Pro pipes could chime in and let me know if it looks like an actual Flo Pro product I would appreciate it.

I'm awaiting a response from the vendor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
Advertised and purchased through Amazon, shipped by a well known, highly recommended vendor on this forum. When I click "contact seller" on Amazon it takes me to their website.

I'll keep them out of this post until they've had a chance to explain.

#10 ·
Flopro pipes generally come with a flopro sticker, instructions, and labeled box. Honestly a pipe is a pipe. Just roll with it unless you personally feel ripped...

#11 ·
So much for keeping the vendor out of this thread until they have had a chance to respond.:tard::hehe:

#14 ·
i understand a pipe is a pipe.. but I would feel kinda ripped too. I mean if you pay for a particular brand you expect to get that brand because thats what you have researched for and paid for. I mean dayum, if i want to pay $500 for a blindfolded asain massage.. i damn sure better have an asian woman rubbing on my back. just my .02 :)

#17 ·
:surprise: :rofl::hehe::doh:

Reactions: john galt
#16 ·
With a blindfold and rots of rotion, one does not know what you getting...

#22 ·
I just said the word and it wasn't too exciting...

#26 ·
I'm not at home or i could compare with my flo pro i have sitting in the garage in a box. It definately came in a black box with red "flo pro" writing and designs thou, unless your shipper changed the box for some reason.

#29 ·
What gives it away to me is the slits cut in the male pipe. The FloPro doesn't have that at least my 5" doesn't...

#31 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I spoke with Kirk from Rudy's today and I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed.

I described the situation to Kirk and he asked, "Did it come in a brown box?" Of course it did, he said, "Yeah it's a Flo Pro." Huh?!?! So no one else ships anything else in brown boxes?! I further articulated my reasons to believe it wasn't what I ordered, he put me on hold for a bit, came back and said, "A lot of people make them. I think what happened was you were sent one made by someone else. What you have will work." Of course I understand it "will work" but I wanted to know what I paid Flo Pro money for.

Kirk said he believed what I received was an MBRP system. I confirmed with him; there was no brand name anywhere, just "Performance Exhaust". He assured me it was MBRP and that they cost the exact same as the Flo Pro system.

Of course, as soon as I got off the phone with him I searched for the MBRP system to compare prices and appearance. What I found was MBRP part number CFAL458. The price IS comparable to the Flo Pro, and the appearance is similar to what I have. The only differences I noticed were: the MBRP doesn't have the slits cut in the male pipe, as mentioned by one of you guys, and the MBRP appears to be polished. What I have is not polished and still has the black pipe labeling/stamping all over it. And, again, there's nothing in the box that indicates a reputable brand, or part numbers that match.

To sum up, I have no idea what system I have, I'm just gonna try on what I've got and send a sales rep from Rudy's an email.

Thanks again for your input guys.

#33 ·
:agree: I'm behind you too. Keep it in the box!

#38 ·
I appreciate it boys.

I'm gonna get ahold of a rep rather than, what sounded like, a 20 year old kid that answers a ringing phone.

Calling Flo Pro and MBRP are also excellent ideas, I'll do that as well.

aaaaaaand I wouldn't go so far as a "pushover". Just wanna get some GD exhaust on my GD truck so I can change my GD mini maxx tunes!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.