Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MiniMaxx Rebooting

572 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Baker750 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking for a little help and insight. I have been running my Minimaxx for several months now with the tuning that came with it. It is a 7009 according to the box. I have been happy with the performance so far and the ability to monitor the various gauges. Well, it has been eating me up lately to go ahead perform the weight reduction so I tried to go from "on" tuning to "off" tuning....I go through the install tune pages and choose all my parameters and then the Mini goes to a screen and I think I says downloading or installing tune and a few seconds later it powers off and reboots like it loses power. Of course it is not actually re-tuning the truck. It just goes back to the home screen (the screen that is always showing when you are just driving, with all the gauges..... Just want to see if anyone else had experienced this and if there is a solution. I have had a little history with tuning gone bad in the past with an SCT X4 which caused me to have to get a new PCM. So at this point of course I am a bit skidish and just do not want to go down "that" road again but every time my truck goes into the cleaning exhaust phase I want to be lighter. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Baker

#2 ·
It seems like the tune files on the mm are corrupt or missing...where did you buy the tuner from? That vendor may be able to help ya out.

Also, try applying +12v to the batteries from a charger while tuning, sometimes tuning and possibly weak batteries don't mix

#3 ·
Thanks man. I hope it's an easy fix. I have a call into the vendor I got it from just waiting to hear back. Like I said it loaded the "present" tunes fine when I first installed. Just need the "removed" tunes to load. I was gonna try to go back to stock to see if it would allow me to tune removed from there but I'm afraid I would lose my MM tunes and no be able to reinstall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.