Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking to do some upgrades to get at least 650HP to the wheels

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeremy@TDA 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys, besides a new turbo & fuel system upgrade what else would I need? I would like to keep the EGR & DEF in tacked if possible.

Also who do you recommend to do the install & tune?

#2 ·
I'm about 99.7% sure you won't be able to achieve a 650hp motor while leaving the dpf and egr intact.

#4 ·
I had 2002 Ford SVT Lightning with a built block and a Whipple with 600HP at the wheels. I guess I'll just get the 6.7 built to handle that kind of HP.

#9 ·
For resale value. If need delete that's ok by me. I had egr delete on my Lightning.

#6 ·
OP we can set you up with everything you need for 650. We can also handle the install. It would be very hard to do with the DPF and EGR intact. Rods aren't 100% required for 650 but you are close to the limit. Give us a call!

#7 ·
Hi Jeremy, I'll give you a call on Monday.

#8 ·
I guess not too many have a fully built long block and turbo/fuel up grade.

#11 ·
Actually quite a few folks have full builds like you're talking about!

This project will easially exceed 5-6k dollars...
Yup. Turbo kit alone is about that much

#10 ·
If you're worried about resale, just keep the parts you delete off the truck and reinstall them later...I'm not sure anybody's tried to get 650 whp on an emissions intact truck. It's all too restrictive.

You'll need EGR delete, dpf delete, a Maryland performance diesel turbo kit, and a Industrial injection 55% over CP4 or dual Fuelers and if it were me I would go ahead and do rods. Maybe a custom air to air inter cooler. Gauges. Track bars for sure. And supporting tuning. This project will easially exceed 5-6k dollars...

Good thing is, the stock tranny is good for this power level!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.