Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT EGT Question

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  fishman 
#1 ·
Finally got the NL stage 2 intake and block off plates done today. Installed the egt sensor in the plate needed to work with SCT devices.

Two questions:

1. When setting it up on the livewire does this sound correct? Analog wire firewire. Setting is SCT EGT 9815 (part number that was on my egt box)

2. Is the only way to get this wire through and into my device through the little rubber gasket? It's kind of a PITA to try and get my hands in there let alone push through the FireWire cable( think of it as a usb cable)

Thanks!

#4 ·
U can pull inner fender liner at the bottom and reach right at the grommet! !

#5 ·
I ended up pulling the wheel well liner and got it in. Thanks!

#7 ·
Only thing is I wish it could have read the stock egt sensors like the minimax. But the screen is nice and being able to monitor extra PIDs

I'm running Gearhead tunes and their so-so

#11 ·
Ok so how about Spartan? (if you know)

#12 ·
I'm having a problem now with the egt sensor. Everything was working fine until this morning.

Yesterday I re tuned the truck to the tow tune but didn't start it till today. Now the egt reads 1402 and doesn't change. I've tried to unplug the wire. I've restarted the Livewire still nothing.

The settings are analog wire 7 red FireWire and the function is SCT egt 9815.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.