Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Prepping for 6.7 Turbo Install : Any Tips?

12K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  raptorgabe 
#1 ·
This weekend, I will be doing a little bit of preventative maintenance on my 2012 powerstroke.

I plan on installing one of ATS 63mm Non VGT Aurora Turbos' on my Truck.

I am currently Deleted with block off plates. I have one of No limit's full EGR deletes that I will install with the turbo. (Since the coolant must be drained anyways)

A new passenger side exhaust manifold will also be going in. (broken egr tube bolt) I have all new gaskets and manifold studs to go along with it.

Has anybody done a turbo install on their truck here? If so are there any problem areas to look for?

Also, who can I get in contact with about some Non VGT specific tunes?

#2 ·
I've seen a thread on here before that may have the info ur lookn for...I did my downpipe and can tell u that v clamp is a pain in the ***. Subscribed...please post back with ur insights and experience with it. On my list to do one day....hopefully preventive and not reactive

#3 ·
found this,

#5 ·
I've got plenty of tips here. To access the corbra head down pipe remove the pass side tire and fender liner.
Make sure you have ratcheting wrenches, 11mm is needed for up pipe band clamps. I have milwakee cordless ratchets, which make the job go easier, best 100 I ever spent. If you think about it if you can get a ratchet on it and only have a little area to use it it adds a lot of time to the job, vs hitting a button. They can be purchased at Your local Home Depot. Also even after draining your coolant and such I had a bit of coolant get in oil, so be prepared to change it. I didn't know that when I did it and it freaked me out so I changed it 4 times that night, I'm a little crazy on mait.
Also make sure you get the up pipe v band clamps perfectly set. I had boost leaks on mine and had to redo it.
I have an SPE 2015 kit and I love it
Sorry about being long winded
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.