Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My platinum just lost some weight (deleted)

24K views 56 replies 30 participants last post by  White_Buffalo7.3 
#1 ·
This is my off-road farm truck, no street use.
Got my ezl lynk, no limit intake, egr block off's, and flopro exhaust put on lastnight.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A Platinum farm truck... :hehe::hehe::hehe:

:liar

#4 ·
Tank off... and room for Nathan p3's :)
Just need to fab up a bracket for horns, compressor, and tank. I may just go with 2 Mack truck horns, kinda like that tone better and they'll take up less room and won't need a 5 gallon air tank to run them.

Attachments

#7 ·
the green buds used for smooookin'!

Reactions: ekimv65
#10 ·
Not much increase in mpg, bout the same really. There's no custom tunes out yet, just one tune, basically stock- 20hp above stock. Patently waiting for the programmer me to reakesss the good stuff!

#18 ·
I can't wait for more parts to come out for our trucks. I'll just wait over here patiently and see how this plays out.

I'm really hesitant about voiding the warranty. I don't know about you guys, but my dealer gave me an unlimited mile lifetime powertrain warranty. So to be honest I most likely won't go crazy anytime soon. My dealer said not all dealers offered this, so I was wondering how true that actually was. Anyone else have this?

#19 ·
Does your copy of the warranty say that? If it don't, then it ain't. Hope it does state that!
Meh, warranty swarranty... takes a few hours to put that crap back on and take it up to the dealer.

#25 ·
I don't even want to talk about it...it's getting insane here. It's exploding here, and they can't keep up. Houses and apartments are going up everywhere. I'm just glad selling my house should go quick and for asking price if not more. I have already fallen in love with the Dallas area. The whole thing...I had to go to Abilene for business and even that place was nice. Mainly I love the climate and how spread out it all is. It's massive down there. I'll be there Aug/Sept and then my family will follow next May. Wife is finishing MBA. So I'l have time to figure out where I need to be.

I've seen those before and although legit, they have always required the customer to have their truck follow their seevice/maintenance requirements. Usually high priced and not needed. What happens if you are out of state? Before to read all the fine print.
This was the first thing I asked about. What I had to do to keep the warranty and where is the warranty work good at...Yes all maintenance needs to be at a dealer, which I am fine with since resale is best this way, and it is good nationwide. So I'm set. It covers everything powertrain wise and good everywhere. I'd say it's an awesome deal they are offering. I was already sold on the Super Duties since I used to have a 2003 F350, but this was icing on the cake

#27 ·
Rest of the nation is coming to Texas because you can get a job anywhere. We don't care about the train horns we want to hear her rumble. Well....at least I do lol

I'm hesitant on the dpf delete also. And the dealership I bought from said that the unlimited only pertains to cars and F150's. Go figure. I'm happy, just don't want to spend 13k on this motor like I did the scrappile.0.

#28 ·
I'm personally tired of everyone moving here. No offense. But go away. I've 100% decided not to delete. I'm friends with the owner of a local dealer and was in there the day they told a customer with a 2 yr. old 350 all they would give him is salvage value because they have to let the salvage guys take it. He told me some pretty good ones about people putting it back on and the trade in guy refusing because it was the only clean thing under the truck. It's just not worth it

#30 ·
Everyone I know would love that. You gotta understand. Texas has been through this before. Good jobs so they come. Oil drops out, they leave. We have to live with looking at 1/4 filled strip centers and apartments that used to be a nice field with nothing on it. I mean except for the people that are only Texan due to a hospital they're were born in. It's different when it's a deep love of nothing concrete except a road. You either understand or you don't. There is no middle

#31 ·
That's no joke! I'm from NE Texas and have been all over the U.S. working and it's still home. Our community doesn't have the race BS. Everyone either works oil field, coal mine, farms, ranches or works towards the bigger city's. Like you said Bo, I'm tires of the outsider moving in and wanting to control things. End of rant lol

More DEF for everyone!

#36 ·
delete

It took me and my friend about 6 hours. We didn't know what we were doing. Then we forgot to move the egt probe from sensor 13 in the exhaust and move to the old egr egt sensor location. Once we called and figured that out it was done. Not hard Just Time consuming plus i wanted to triple checked then triple check everything before we started it. Also make sure that your truck will install the tune first before you do all that work. It would suck to do all that and you truck wont start.

#37 ·
It took me and my friend about 6 hours. We didn't know what we were doing. Then we forgot to move the egt probe from sensor 13 in the exhaust and move to the old egr egt sensor location. Once we called and figured that out it was done. Not hard Just Time consuming plus i wanted to triple checked then triple check everything before we started it. Also make sure that your truck will install the tune first before you do all that work. It would suck to do all that and you truck wont start.
Thanks Nickel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.