Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Light Bar

17K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  Art Palko 
#1 ·
Anybody have an LED light bar yet? Would love to have one, guess I would have to remove the front license plate bracket and fit it there. Any idea what size would fit and if there are good mounting points?

#2 ·
I just have the LED's on the 2017 I have coming in next week. I would like to see them on one though.

#3 ·
#7 ·
Here's my 20" mounted up

Attachments

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
#11 ·
Bad angle but it's a little L bracket and I just nutted it to the existing bolt

Attachments

Reactions: Bodnar44
#18 · (Edited)
Here is mine. 22inch LED bar. Made a few mods and cuts but it is solid to the frame. So my question is to those that have installed one is what uplifter switch did you use? Mine came with all the wiring and had a 40amp relay with it so I used uplifter switch #5 and got rid of the prewire kit. Thoughts....

Attachments

#19 ·
Nice, clean install.... what lumens is the light bar and who did you purchase it from.

#21 ·
The Rough Country 8" grill kit looks really nice. As with the mounting of a bar where the license plate goes, I'm wondering what effect either of these options have on air flow. For most of us, probably not enough to make much difference. But for guys pulling 30k up mountains in 110 degree heat, it might.

I have the Nfab mount and a 32" light bar. It blocks some air flow of course, but since it sits out in front of the grill a bit, it doesn't close off the opening like it seems the other two options might. The 32" cheapo light bar from Amazon turned out to be garbage (imagine that). Just ordered a Rough Country 30" X5 bar to replace it. The wife's truck has RC lights and they have been solid, so I'm gonna go with them as well.

Now I'm looking at adding LED bulbs elsewhere as some are LED and some aren't which is silly.

#22 ·
I ended up going ordering a few different things.

LED bulbs from The Retrofit Source, these are great and easy install.

Dual Rigid fogs, one spot one 60 degree fog - review coming (waiting on brackets)

22" cheapo bar from with KD Fab mounts for between the tow hooks - installing with the rigids when i pull the bumper.

I'll keep you updated, so far the LED bulbs are friggin awesome!

#23 ·
I didn't want to obstruct any air flow. i went with a 10" rigid industries midnight edition. I used a little pneumatic saw and cut out just the front of that license plate bracket and slid the light bar in. i had to make custom brackets because the ones that came with it were about 3/4 of an inch too short. worked out great is super clean and unless you are really looking at the truck you don't see it. very sleek.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.