Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Can I take it to the dealership with a tune on?

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Black2012 
#1 ·
Quick question, I just installed a ford two way remote start kit on my truck. Well the last part of the install is to get a dealer to activate it using the IDS machine. It won't hurt anything to get them to activate it while I have my mini max on the truck will it? Just want to be sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
Yeah well I don't really care if they know it's tuned because I won't be going to my normal dealer anyways, but yeah that's why I was concerned because I just put a 5 inch flo-pro on it and don't want to put all the stock crap back on.

#4 ·
Even if it's not your normal dealer, they can flag it in the system if they feel like it. Then, guess what, you're pretty much screwed on warranty coverage forever.

#6 ·
Cant you just reflash stock programming in a matter of seconds/minutes with HS? Do that and be safe rather than sorry.

#8 ·
The big issue that i would be concerned with is whether or not the dealerships computer can still read your trucks computer after you have installed the H&S programming. You may have to put it back to stock on the computer, let them flash then reinstall you H&S program.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

#9 ·
I went to h&s's forum with the question and they said it should have nothing to do with the tune when they activate the remote start with the IDS tool.

#18 ·
I thought you were on the same page. Come to the wisemen for advice and then become a smarta$%. To answer the question, if one dealer flags your VIN, you are screwed. Why take a chance on losing your warranty? I'm by all means am not one of the wisemen when it comes to these engines but I'm not going to become a smarta$% when someone takes the time to answer your dumba$% question. These gentlemen were being nice. The real answer for you could have been....If you have to ask such a question, you shouldn't be allowed to own such a fine machine. Unless you have money to burn, take the dang thing off and then reinstall it when you get it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.