Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2012 turbo problem fixed?

17K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Sierraflyfisher1 
#1 ·
So I'm still humming and hawing on a new 6.7 got scared cause of the turbo problems. I would be tuning the truck. I heard they revised the turbo for 2012 did this fix the problem ? Any input would be great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Mine was built in February 2012... I'm really hoping they started hyper-balancing the turbo before my build date. One guy said all 2012's came with thee updated turbo, and then somebody else told me that they started the hyper-balancing later on in the 2012 build year, which I hope not...

26k on my truck now, been tuned for 6k miles and so far so good.

#5 ·
I run on no power since I use this truck for work also and don't want to break it. Although others say the turbo uses the same setting on all of the different levels and that the only thing that changes is injector duration for more fuel.

I'd love to know the date of when the new turbos went in these trucks.

#11 ·
6.4s don't have a head gasket problems. If u add insane power then u may have problems with any engine.

#12 ·
Have a '12 6.7 with H&S tuner, DPF delete and S&B intake. Just flipped 9000 miles. Beautiful truck. Have all defuel settings set conservatively below H&S recommendations. Boost set at 30lbs max. Driving up to Mammoth Lakes, CA yesterday and stopped about 1/2 way up to ale a pit stop for the kids. Got back in the truck, started it, pulled back on the highway and started pushing the pedal and my turbo let loose. Small puff of whitish smoke and zero boost and no power. Had to flatbed back 211 miles home. Not sure what Ford will do since I "modified". Gotta put all the stock stuff back on and hope to get the turbo warrantied and hope deeper damage was not done. I have read so many blogs about the turbo issues and they don't seem to be modified only. See a lot of stock turbo issues as well. I think they have a turbo issue with the 6.7... Other than this, great power and a very quiet diesel engine.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.