Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Deletes in Texas

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  wreedPS 
#1 ·
I want to hear from other Texans that have done the deletes.

1. What did you have deleted?
2. Do you have any issues with getting your truck inspected?

#2 ·
I can tell you, technically it's illegal because it's tampering with the original emmissions equipment, but that's a federal law.
Texas state law requires a safety test for diesels which requires a muffler on the exhaust.

#7 ·
Well I was just going off what this inspector I talked with said....And by gassers being different I meant they are emissions tested unlike the diesels... I guess it just sounds like we need to find the right inspector that can overlook the lack of emissions equipment.

#8 ·
Emissions tests are only in certain areas.
Other than that, same safety as diesels.

And yes, just find someone who won't care.
If they won't pass you, you're out $14.50.

#12 ·
Try handing your DPS your book and see what they say :hehe:

What everyone has said is right. Technically (and why I won't touch it) it is illegal to remove emissions equipment from a vehicle . $25K fine to sell a vehicle without OEM smog and emissions. But most Texas inspectors will not know, look, or care because it is a diesel.
Heck, I won't even care if it's a gas engine.

Inspector I talked to said diesels are still emissions exempt on testing because they can't find a way to test them reliably enough so they won't fail.

And unless something has changed, Texas did away with the turbo as a muffler law.
From our local DPS inspector who inspects us, he said they were working on it. (Thank you coal rollers :nutkick:) But of course, nothing yet.
As for that law, I asked my trainer about it. He had no idea basically. He wouldn't ever give me a straight answer. Just that there has to be a muffler :doh:
I did see that law on the DPS website a few months ago so :dunno:

#10 ·
What everyone has said is right. Technically (and why I won't touch it) it is illegal to remove emissions equipment from a vehicle . $25K fine to sell a vehicle without OEM smog and emissions. But most Texas inspectors will not know, look, or care because it is a diesel.

#15 ·
There's an inspection place I go to that will pass anything as long as you slip them money under the table! Lol

Sent from somewhere in Texas.....

#14 ·
...just had mine inspected, where the owner has a lifted tuned truck...:thumb:

#16 ·
I have no troubles, the place I go just slaps a sticker on and checks lights and seat belt. I am in Tomball

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.