Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

wow the epa really sucks

8K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  matty21 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Good point!!!:thumb:

#3 ·
Thats not the reason for thier demise . But a good excuse. That EPA crap has been out for years yet other companies are still in busines

#4 ·
What products listed there have anything to do with the powerstroke 6.0 or any of the other powerstroke engines? What are these products they have listed?

#5 ·
All SCT's 6.4 and 6.7 canned delete tuners are gone.
SCT isnt the only one doing this. Edge and superchips did it as well. Its a direct result of EPA interference.

#9 ·
How long can H-D get away with air-cooled engines. Lol :look:

#10 ·
How long can H-D get away with air-cooled engines. Lol :look:
Haha! Now that's funny! I thought fuel injection back in 02 was really moving up in the world for them.

On a more serious note, the EPA needs to be put out for good. Hopefully we can get a president that can see that it's a huge waste of tax payer money.

#12 ·
At least Rick Perry is promising to reduce our reliance on oil from country's that hate 'Merica ... I didnt know you Canucks hated us 'Merican's so much, cause last I looked, most our oil comes from them precious Tar Sands...

#13 ·
Amen Brother!:nod:

#19 ·
We don't hate Americans , just the last two presidents and what thier doing to you guys as well as the world
I have lots of family in the states and travel there 10 times a year and I've seen what is going on economically
+ 1 on the EPA bull

#21 ·
Don't blame 99.99% of this place for it I assure you. :)
Yeah SCT as a company sucks. Our custom tuner Sponsors are the only reason we're as fast as we are. Anyone wants to see what an SCT Livewire looks like with a F'ed up blue BLANK screen looks like torn down I can take a pic since I'm messing with it.
Oh and YES I did try and work with them since day one to NO avail. SCT as a company doesn't care. Our Sponsors DO.

#25 ·
America is in bad shape in many ways. The epa needs to go like right now. We need environmental protection, but in a logical way. If America keeps going in its current direction, we may see another revolution in our lifetime. The fact that Obama was even elected president just goes to show how uneducated we are. My liberal neighbor was complaining yesterday that his organic free range turkey was only 8lbs. And it cost him $30.00. All i could do was laugh. Yes folks.....we are really that dumb! But our carbon footprint is getting smaller....right? or is it.......

#28 ·
The EPA needs to be around to make sure stipud stuff doesnt happen to the earth. Look, keeping water clean, and air clean is great however the EPA got way off track and it is now a politcal game. It would probably do a lot better as a private organization with some guide lines enforced by the people of the state.

Beating up on us because of our fuel and big trucks isnt right. Heck, go ahead and try to discard of a smart car battery. Hum....what would do worse for a stream, some black soot (which isnt the deadly carbon people think it is) or a big nasty battery cell.

Ok, I am done. I hate the EPA in its current form and the president needs to go back to working at the YMCA.

#29 ·
I am trying to get work done and now I have these goofy leaders on my mind and how they are jacking up our country.

Can I get a Mod to ban me from any political or government thread. LOL!

#34 ·
wow this thread has covered almost everything that is wrong with this country epa, leadership, and ca

#35 ·
I know! Words like this are out everywhere. I hope someone listens! :thumb:

#36 ·
Unfortunately I work in the environmental industry as a federal regulator. And hell no not with the sepal but sortable similar in some ways. Unfortunately lobbyists control much more than most people realize and we cant do our jobs correctly because too many people double dip by working for industry after being a regulator and still knowing people high up at work. Also federal regulations are very up to interpretations.

I could give a crap about the environment and stuff for the most part but its a descent job. Its sad how many people are misinformed about diesel's. The government is only getting worse so get ready for EPA enforcement to start.

#37 ·
Unfortunately I work in the environmental industry as a federal regulator. And hell no not with the sepal but sortable similar in some ways. Unfortunately lobbyists control much more than most people realize and we cant do our jobs correctly because too many people double dip by working for industry after being a regulator and still knowing people high up at work. Also federal regulations are very up to interpretations.

I could give a crap about the environment and stuff for the most part but its a descent job. Its sad how many people are misinformed about diesel's. The government is only getting worse so get ready for EPA enforcement to start.
I do care about the environment, but in a sensible way. EPA is way over regulating with too much power. And I agree 100% about govt getting worse, we are quickly turning into a police state. Anyone in the motorcycle world has already felt the pinch. They are refining their laws/enforcement there before they move into your garages in the auto-markets. Not gonna be fun...

#38 ·
well thats why I say for the most part, and if you look at the facts, the more that the government regulated on a state and federal level the more businesses are going to outsource what they can to continue to make profits. There should be a standard to go by for sure, and thats of course most of our opinion, but I would say there should be an international standard that if we do any business with that they all follow, sorta like a UN type of thing. That way our local businesses, factories, etc. dont continue to go to china and other countries based on the economic factor of wages, taxes, and regulatory rules that need to be followed. This would be a real stimulus package

#39 ·
I think the solution would be to start taxing (Tariff) the hell out of cheap foreign goods from china and whatnot, while lowering the cost (taxes) of home-grown business. Think of all the money that would be made, that would provide tax relief, as well as encourage companies to do business/produce here.

#43 ·
We don't need more tax. Thats not the solution. Raise labour costs and living costs in china or lower ours then we don't need to outsource .

#40 ·
Yeah, that's been tried before (and it worked so well)

Smoot-Hartley act of 1930. It exacerbated an already shaky economy and spiked deflation. Frankly, that is the worst possible, government-centric idea. If you want companies to manufacture here, reduce corporate income taxes and repeal Sarbanes-Oxley. It takes twice as long for companies to go public now, and costs about $10million to go IPO. Fix those two things, and watch the economy boom.

Back to the original post. CARB and the EPA need to go. Now.

#42 ·
Ya because idiots rolling coal seemed to help the EPA in making more limitations :taze:. :tard:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.