Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Thoughts on Banks Ram Air?

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  pborgia 
#1 ·
i just looked at the Banks CAI and it looks good-they have some research comparing competitors CAI. Anyone have an opinion on on this intake? i getting close to buying it based on their data results. thanks, pete

#2 ·
what is the price of the banks?

#4 ·
not to bad... i know the airaid system is a good bit cheaper and will do you just as good i know i ran it for years on my 05 superduty...if you check the 6.7 forums there is a thread about them. PM the author of that thread he is a rep of airaid and see what kinda deal he can give you.

One thing i DO like about the banks systems is it isnt an "open Filter" type system.

#7 ·
i just installed the afe today... will let ya know how it does...

#8 ·
It's hard to tell if there was a power increase or not, I guess with the power it has already it's hard to feel another 20 or so HP and TQ. As for the mileage increase it seems to be about the same but I only had 2500 miles on mine when I installed it so it's hard to tell that too. (I'm not much help, I know)
I know Banks has some quality stuff with a lot of research behind it so I feel confident buying banks products. I also talked to a Banks tech guys about a 6.7 six gun tuner, he said one will be out in 3 to 4 months if anyone was interested.

#9 ·
Nice looking Truck! I just bought one, F250 Lariat 60K sticker, has all the bells and whistles. I want to love this thing but I have a wobble or something in the driveline. How do your trucks ride? are they smooth? I had an 08 was smooth as could be. As far as the Banks Ram Air, I highly recommend it. I had Banks products on 2 trucks and they are good. Please let me know how your trucks ride. Thank you.

#12 ·
I have had mine on for about a week. I am happy with it for sure. I have always trusted and enjoyed banks products. I can't wait for my monster duals to get in I think the 2 will work well in conjuction with eachother. Been waiting for over a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.