Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2013 h&s tuned EGR and dpf questions

847 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  powerstrokeshellback 
#1 ·
So a little background. This is all on an off-road only vehicle btw. I had a 2012 f350 that was fully deleted, so I remember some of the stuff I had to do. I recently bought a 2013 f250 already came with a h&s race tuner in high sulfer mode. The EGR is still on vehicle, butterfly valve on intake unplugged and block off plates installed. The block off plate on exhaust manifold has an EGT sensor in it and that is plugged into engine harness. On the tube from the EGR to the intake, there is an EGT sensor also but is not plugged in at all. (Sounds correct to me for a deleted vehicle, new sensor plugged in where other sensor was plugged in so that the tuner can read EGT's) One of the things that is wierd to me is the orange plug on top of the EGR is still plugged in. (Should be unplugged correct?)

Also all the DPF stuff is still on vehicle and plugged in. The exhaust and all its sensors are all still intact.

One more thing, on the tuner it says, under fuel, it is in high sulfer mode(deleted correct?) But when I click on the emissions tab it says; Unlock successful. Click download to complete install or RESET to complete at a later time. Does this mean it is deleted or not yet? Just seems confusing. I would like to either, know it is deleted or not. Seems kinda halfway if you ask me.

So, is this OK to run this way? Seems to me the orange plug should be unplugged first off, and the dpf and all that should be removed for a straight pipe and that leaving it the way is currently is could cause issues as no Regen cycles will be performed and dpf filter and all that could clog up and be ruined.

Any recommendations?

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's running well, that DPF must be gutted. I'm not sure how long you'd be able to run delete tuning with the EGR blocked before that filter rapidly clogged. Did you buy from a dealership? The previous owner could've very well slapped everything back under the truck to trade it in, though hopefully that's not the case.

#4 ·
Yeah you'd definitely hear it if it was truly gutted. I'd be finding AT LEAST a delete pipe asap. And verify for sure what tune is loaded onto the truck currently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.