Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which no limit tune are you running for daily use?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  OH IT'S KINO 
#1 ·
Getting ready to start my block off and removal project today. What no limit tune are you guys running for daily use?
I received tow, street, hot street and race

Is race intended for drag racing?

#4 ·
I tow a few times a year. Sold the race car so not a lot of heaving towing. Mainly just a small camper.

I installed the hot street tune before the exhaust removal. Truck started and no codes. Replaced the exhaust with the new flo-pro and fired it back up ran great.

Egr block off went well until the last bolt on he manifold. Yup it snapped. I removed the intake and drilled the bolt out and retapped. I unfortunately broke the ccv plastic tube that goes to the intake. Have some job weld curing on that now and will pit some gorilla tape over that once cured. We also one of the plastic coolant fittings that is a three way connection that sits above the egr cooler near the firewall. Using a tiny long bolt to hold that straight and waiting for the jb weld to cure there. Probably within the next half hour I can start putting the intake back on and hopefully be back up and running.

This is how my luck usually goes. Was trying to get this all done before wrist surgery on Tuesday cause I won't be able to wrench for a while.

#7 ·
GH hot street most of the time. Race when I'm up for a change.. it's fine for daily driving but does give some smoke if you get on it, clears up quick though. Several guys have even said they tow with the race tune.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll keep hot street on for now. Haven't driven it much because I had wrist surgery Tuesday. 2-3 3-2 shifts were a little extra firm but seems to be smoothing out.

#10 ·
I've been running the street tune. I started off with hot street and bumped it down about a week after. Liked both and the hot street definitely seemed a little.....peppier.

The funny thing is, I don't really feel like I notice a drastic difference in overall power or performance as much as I just feel like I have to put my food down a little harder to get the same result, if that makes any sense. Both seem to have the same overall effect, I just have to be more purposeful on the street tune, whereas it doesn't seem to take as heavy of a foot on the hot street.

Maybe now that I've been running the street for a while I'll retry the hot street and see if I can tell a noticeable difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.